Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sadly our perfect dog passed away suddenly shortly after I posted this. All I can come up with right now to describe him is perfect. He would let kids crawl all over him and he wouldn't even lift his head. He always knew when I was upset or sad and wouldn't leave my side. Going to miss that boy a lot.
I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's been a hard day to be an American. Not trying to be political, just how I feel.

My Nazi fighting father is likely rolling over in his grave. I have a Nazi banner he brought back. It is not anything I display of course. It's a folded up evil thing I have as reminder of what my dad was fighting and how evil they were (are). I don't have a pacifist bone in my body when it comes to these guys and their ilk. And that, amazingly enough to a guy who grew up in the '50's with WWII vets everywhere, has become political.

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My Nazi fighting father is likely rolling over in his grave. I have a Nazi banner he brought back. It is not anything I display of course. It's a folded up evil thing I have as reminder of what my dad was fighting and how evil they were (are). I don't have a pacifist bone in my body when it comes to these guys and their ilk. And that, amazingly enough to a guy who grew up in the '50's with WWII vets everywhere, has become political.

Without taking this further political. Rep Blum posted a picture on Twitter yesterday standing with two WWII vets. Both had MAGA hats on.

• Dislike
Reactions: cowgirl836

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I feel like he hates me and my friend. I hope he moves out lol

If he's not bothering you and pays his bills, I don't see the problem.

Don't assume stuff about him. He's probably feeling like the third wheel. Or he is just one of those kids that plays video games constantly and doesn't leave the room. Offer to have him join you when you guys go out and if he turns you down repeatedly, stop offering. There are a lot worse people you can have for roommates than shy ones or video game recluses.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Overheard a conversation that a woman had with my sister at her office:

Woman: Did I hear correctly that the underground railroad went through here?

Sister: Yeah it did.

Woman: Oh wow! So what part of town did the train run through? And it was underground? Where?

Sister (trying not to hurt her feelings): Um I think the library has more information on it, but I don't think the house is still standing.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Woman: Oh wow! So what part of town did the train run through? And it was underground? Where?

Sister (trying not to hurt her feelings): Um I think the library has more information on it, but I don't think the house is still standing.

My 24 year old son just had a discussion with me about how much it bothers him that our society seems to not know it's own history. He realized how "old" he is when he has an intern working for him who doesn't remember 9/11. And when he found out there were Holocaust deniers he was all WTF? When I told him when I was in school, they taught that the Civil War was all about states rights and not slavery, another WTF?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I'd have given her a NYC subway map

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
If he's not bothering you and pays his bills, I don't see the problem.

Don't assume stuff about him. He's probably feeling like the third wheel. Or he is just one of those kids that plays video games constantly and doesn't leave the room. Offer to have him join you when you guys go out and if he turns you down repeatedly, stop offering. There are a lot worse people you can have for roommates than shy ones or video game recluses.
His name isn't Dahmer, or Bundy, is it?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
pants, your post about running guilted me into doing a slow 3 miles Sunday. Must not work my calves enough during my other workouts cause they is sore.

Moar volleyball domination last night. Think we won -7, -13, -17. Not sure if one of the guys was mad or what, but in the hand slap thing before the last set, he about broke my hand slapping it so hard. Was definitely purposeful.

All my serves were in and I had a couple aces. One girl had a really odd serve. She'd like, bring her arm around from the side and somehow it would work. More of a movement for like, skipping rocks I would say.

I cut it down to 3 miles a day. This body just ain't cut out to consistently do 5 mile runs.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
His name isn't Dahmer, or Bundy, is it?

I have moved kids into enough student housing at this point to know that there is a large number of kids this age who do absolutely nothing except play video games, watch garbage on youtube, and/or smoke weed. They may turn into mass murderers, they may just be the downfall of America with their lack of work ethic, they may march around with torches at night glorifying our slavery past in the name of free speech, or they may just be harmless and go back to their parents basements someday. Perhaps they will eventually even be productive citizens. But BDK's roomie sounds fairly harmless at this point.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I have moved kids into enough student housing at this point to know that there is a large number of kids this age who do absolutely nothing except play video games, watch garbage on youtube, and/or smoke weed. They may turn into mass murderers, they may just be the downfall of America with their lack of work ethic, they may march around with torches at night glorifying our slavery past in the name of free speech, or they may just be harmless and go back to their parents basements someday. Perhaps they will eventually even be productive citizens. But BDK's roomie sounds fairly harmless at this point.
I know some similar kids. Just joking, mostly. BDK didn't report any strange smells from the fridge so probably ok.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math
Status
Not open for further replies.