Volleyball practice video

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Watching 6 foot plus setters move like they are 5' 7" is fun to watch and they love a block party. Agree that it sucks for MH.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Iowa State athletics had a live stream of the first set of Saturday's scrimmage against Drake on facebook. Here it is:

The main thing I noted was that MH was the starting setter but they did use a 6-2 rotation.

Reactions: ISUtopia

ISUtopia

Nov 12, 2011
Ankeny
Iowa State athletics had a live stream of the first set of Saturday's scrimmage against Drake on facebook. Here it is:

The main thing I notied was that MH was the starting setter but they did use a 6-2 rotation.

Thanks for sharing. Team looks more athletic and physically fit than prior years. Having played vball for 20+ years, this is the first thing that I saw from the video. Having a 6 ft+ setter should improve the blocking which has been a weakness of this team for a long time. Very hopeful for this season. Anyone see the rest of the matches that could provide their thoughts?

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
The block was better and Mauk will help immensely but I could not help but wonder how tall are Drake?

upload_2017-8-15_12-36-34.png

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Thanks for the video. It's good to see what happened. Good job to the band, also.

We're gonna be who we are. I hope better. Sounds like we're better from a health standpoint. I hope Bailey has a breakout year.

Mauck has a really nice back set. You can see that, but she didn't cover the dink. Freshman stuff. She's gonna be good, though.

I bet Hart will redshirt. She just looks like she could use some time to strengthen up. Everybody else may play. Enna will see the court a lot this year, I think. She seems really smooth and handles the ball well in passing and defense. She's got a nice serve.