Getting the smell of weed out of apartment

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
I own a few units in Ames....Working at cleaning them up and a couple bedrooms in one of them definitely smell like weed (not that I would know ). I am sure a few of you renters out there are going through the same thing right now. Any pro tips?

• Informative
Reactions: bawbie

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
IMG_0031.JPG

Paint the walls and shampoo the carpet.

Dutchboy makes a paint that has arm and hammer in it. Should help with the smell.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Aclone and CYF5

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I had and uncle who smoked El Versos and I would put vinegar in bowls out to help with the smell. shampoo carpets with it and then clear water? rinse.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Don't touch anything!

You're gonna wanna section off the bedroom as the scene of the crime and alert the authorities immediately so they can begin the investigation. If the prep returns to the scene as they often do, you're going to have to eliminate them on sight.

Stay safe and god speed.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
#1. If you are/or will be again, renting to college students. Do nothing. It won't matter anyway.

#2. If you are looking to rent to other than college students, i have found that soaking fabric softener sheets in water and laying them on the carpet to dry (a ceiling fan helps) will work.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have a relative who is a teacher but in summers she cleans vacated student apartments. She says the carpet is the worst, and even the steam cleaners do not remove the odor. They have tried the ozone machines too. Worst case, they have to replace the carpet, and try and zap it out of the security deposit. Or fill the apartment with another weed smoker. The walls aren't as bad, painting required though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron