Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was looking for something to watch on Netflix, and there was a movie called "A Cowgirl's Story." Surprisingly it was only a little over 90 minutes, but I don't think I want to look under that rock.
I'm guessing from the blurb and the presence of Pat Boone it might give you diabetes...

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I may suggest the movie to my wife since she loves shows with horses.

Me too.

War Horse
Seabiscuit
Secretariat
Hildago
The Man from Snowy River
National Velvet
Spirit
The Black Stallion
Shergar
Champions
The Derby Stallion
Dreamer
All Roads Lead Home
Flicka
Running Free
Black Beauty

Off the top of my head. But probably can't compare to CG's Story.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
7 pea pickers went by at quarter to 4 in the morning last night. Strange.

I'm pretty sure them and the sweet corn harvesters run 24/7 till done. Rain doesn't even stop the sweet corn harvesters, I've seen some fields all torn up by the time they got thru picking in way too wet conditions.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Me too.

War Horse
Seabiscuit
Secretariat
Hildago
The Man from Snowy River
National Velvet
Spirit
The Black Stallion
Shergar
Champions
The Derby Stallion
Dreamer
All Roads Lead Home
Flicka
Running Free
Black Beauty

Off the top of my head. But probably can't compare to CG's Story.

That's a lot of horse movies.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I'm pretty sure them and the sweet corn harvesters run 24/7 till done. Rain doesn't even stop the sweet corn harvesters, I've seen some fields all torn up by the time they got thru picking in way too wet conditions.

It may have been those, I didn't actually get up to look. All I saw was the silhouette through the curtains and I just assumed it was pea pickers. Saw a group of detasslers today on the way to the job site. They all had on sun hats and rain coats and pants. No thanks.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ragbrai was ok today, visited with lots of people. A fair amount of hills with some major ones Supposedly there will be couple of really big ones tomorrow. Postville was kind of interesting when you went thru town the Hassidic male Jews would ask the males going thru if they were Jewish, I was probably asked 4 times, after the 3rd one I was tempted to say yes just to find out what would happen. But I figured I didn't know enough Yiddish or about the Torah to bluff my way thru.

There was a really pretty road that ran down a long bluff to the bottom, that was probably the prettiest part of the whole ride so far.

Reactions: bawbie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Ragbrai was ok today, visited with lots of people. A fair amount of hills with some major ones Supposedly there will be couple of really big ones tomorrow. Postville was kind of interesting when you went thru town the Hassidic male Jews would ask the males going thru if they were Jewish, I was probably asked 4 times, after the 3rd one I was tempted to say yes just to find out what would happen. But I figured I didn't know enough Yiddish or about the Torah to bluff my way thru.

There was a really pretty road that ran down a long bluff to the bottom, that was probably the prettiest part of the whole ride so far.

did you end up doing the whole thing?

We have friends going - missing our party because of it! - first time they've gone. Her family has gone before. So, I guess wave to any WI-based couples with family who went to ISU :)

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
did you end up doing the whole thing?

We have friends going - missing our party because of it! - first time they've gone. Her family has gone before. So, I guess wave to any WI-based couples with family who went to ISU :)

My brothers and uncles are riding with some Wisconsinite Cyclones. The whole thing seems s bit too crazy (and crowded) for me. My hometown was an overnight this year and my parents had 30+ ppl at their house.

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No way. These are like some guava or some **** that's ******* delicious. I almost ate all of them just today.
Nah - it's not the flavor. It's the texture. I can't stand the way they stick to my teeth, and I'm always worried with that kind of stuff that I will loose a crown or a filling or something like that. I don't even eat milk duds or sugar babies any more.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Come on, I thought the nonstop corn fields of northern Iowa flatlands would win.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I figured teenage boys were just zoned into the teenage girls in bikinis. I know I would have been.

It's one of those jobs that is 99.99% boredom and .01% pretty scary. So they listen to all the dumb conversations around them. And by far the largest age group that shows up is middle school kids. Too young for jobs of their own, too old for the parents to pay for babysitter. They get the adult scuttlebutt around town if they are on duty at night, weekends, or the one guard on duty during water aerobics. They say by far the most attractive girls there are the female lifeguards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron