Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Wow great list. Agree with all of them.

I'd add Sandlot for sure, and I feel bad for saying this, but Big Trouble in Little China.

I've admittedly never seen all of Big Trouble in Little China, but Sandlot is a great one! That one is great from top to bottom.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
tenor.gif

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Never seen it, i know i know.

I haven't seen a ton of these types of movies, call me CW i guess.

I probably haven't seen over half of the movies mentioned in the thread but have seen Shawshank, and yes, it's good.

Which brings up an idea for @Angie. How about an OT where we each admit to having never seen our own list of well known or famous movies?

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not a movie but I'm not ashamed to admit that I can can get sucked into a good Cops marathon. Most of my movies were already out there....

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I probably haven't seen over half of the movies mentioned in the thread but have seen Shawshank, and yes, it's good.

Which brings up an idea for @Angie. How about an OT where we each admit to having never seen our own list of well known or famous movies?

I'm a ****, thats why. I hate anything over popular. In college I got choked out for saying Seinfeld sucks, no lie.

• Agree

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Duplicating a lot of examples already listed. If I'm surfing and encounter these, I'll watch from whatever point in the movie until conclusion.
Shawshank
Back to the Future trilogy (prefer I and II, but will watch III, too)
Jaws (seemed to be on cable more often 10 or 15 years ago)
Fargo ("I wanna be in compliance!")
Psycho/Rear Window/(General Hitchcock marathon action)

Yes on Psycho. Hitchcock was a genius.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I love it! It's now officially in the queue. You guys are rocking it, I've got a ton of backlogged ideas!

I know, I know. And @Mr Janny loves it and has tried to get me to watch it, so I think I got all stubborn.

Reactions: MeanDean

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm a ****, thats why. I hate anything over popular. In college I got choked out for saying Seinfeld sucks, no lie.

Very similar here. I mean, not the choked out part. But when things are just enormous and everyone tells me how much I'll like it (see Avatar, the Dan Brown books, several sitcoms), I refuse to even try.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Haven't looked through all of them yet, but I would guess my main three have been mentioned.

Sandlot
Shawshank
Goonies

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
My Dog Skip, Click, and oddly enough Martin Lawrence movies, pretty much all of them were a good laugh from time to time.