Big Brother Season 19

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
MJ's Updated thoughts (warning, its mostly ramblings)

-I don't know why but I like Kevin and his demeanor. Doesn't take himself too seriously but seems to really enjoy the opportunity to play BB.

He won't win but no one wants to put him up!! He will go far.

-Dom, it's cool that you're down with Jesus and all of that as I'm down with Jesus too....but I doubt think Jesus cares who wins a reality show?!?!

Don't ban me please - BB always has a token black chick that loves Jesus. Just like the token gay guy. This is why I was so confused last year when the original cast came out and there wasn't the stereotypical black chick. Then Da'Vonne came back.

-Christmas is a beast and props to her for sticking this out. Can't be fun doing BB when you're likely not getting the needed rest you need. I wonder if there is some unmentioned deal that she doesn't have to be a have-not.

I could definitely see her coming back in a season or two.

I can see Paul getting backdoor-ed this week although the show will get much less interesting if he does.

As long as Paul AND Cody are in the house, ratings will be up. I think Paul stays in the house this week because Jessica is trying to mend the wounds Cody caused, but I don't know if it's the best move for them. A lot of these people are just floating to wherever the power is.

I couldn't agree more with all of your comments. I don't think it's bad/racist to say BB always seems to cast a religious black woman. Because they do.

If I'm in this game, I do my best to keep guys like Cody, Paul, Jessica and Josh in as long as I can. You get done to 6-7 people left and you'd just have to stay out of the crossfire. Of course you could be considered a floater if you didn't make a move at that point to take someone big out.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate that they don't put a normal every day black lady in the house. It's always the Major Jesus lady. I am down with Jesus also. However, Why does she assume Jesus likes her more than the others?

Also, They need to get a manly gay guy at some point instead of the flamboyant one. They play on huge stereotypical roles on this show. Surprised nobody makes a big deal out of it.

Next year they need to mix the characters up. Still can have some of the characters they put in every season. Just need to mix it up a little.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yeah but the biggest piece of BS is Cody getting a chance to playing the maize game. Sure it was a different maize but going into a comp. where you have had a chance to play it versus a person going in blind is a huge advantage. Should have been a whole new comp that neither had played.
One could argue it's BS he had to beat a nominated house guest after beating 3 other people to get back in when that has never happened on battle back challenges before. Face it, Cody is a beast. A dbag beast but still a beast.
I like Kevin and Josh is the WORST!
Still team Paul. Friendship all the way

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I can't stand Jessica and Cody, but Josh is even worse. All 3 need to just go so we can move on with the game.

I can tolerate Josh because he is annoying people that I can't stand. Plus if you read the after hours stuff he does some pretty stuff.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Josh is so over the top horrible that I love him on the show and hope he stays. If Cody, Jessica, Paul, and Josh left....lets face it, it'd be pretty boring with little drama. Matt, Raven, Ramses, and Elena aren't going to cause much drama.

I can't believe Jessica/Cody didn't take a shot at a Paul here. So what if you backdoor him and he stays. He already knows you're gunning for him. This next week could be boring as Jessica can just halt the eviction if she and/or Cody go up.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I thought it was funny that Jessica thinks the house guests are just going to tell her the truth as HOH and previously enemy #1. She told Cody everything that is soon to happen and let that dummy with the worst social game talk her out of using common sense. She has no allies besides Cody and had a chance to get somewhat of an ally by pulling Ramses off and throwing someone like either Paul or even Raven to ensure Josh goes home. She will regret this but as a viewer, Ramses brings nothing to the show so I would rather watch entertaining people I hate than boring people I like.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'll be shocked as **** if Matt doesn't win the whole thing just because he's playing the game exactly how MJ would. Sit back, let the ******** do their thing, do what the house wants. Raven will go far, too, just because she's floating but has a great social game.

I see a lot of Derrick in Matt. Dude did nothing and attempted no moves until jury time, and then really stepped it up. I think we see a lot from Matt once jury time hits. He just seems to get it in the limited time he's on the show.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'll be shocked as **** if Matt doesn't win the whole thing just because he's playing the game exactly how MJ would. Sit back, let the ******** do their thing, do what the house wants. Raven will go far, too, just because she's floating but has a great social game.

I see a lot of Derrick in Matt. Dude did nothing and attempted no moves until jury time, and then really stepped it up. I think we see a lot from Matt once jury time hits. He just seems to get it in the limited time he's on the show.
I am blown away that showmances are not being constantly targeted.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Josh is so over the top horrible that I love him on the show and hope he stays. If Cody, Jessica, Paul, and Josh left....lets face it, it'd be pretty boring with little drama. Matt, Raven, Ramses, and Elena aren't going to cause much drama.

I can't believe Jessica/Cody didn't take a shot at a Paul here. So what if you backdoor him and he stays. He already knows you're gunning for him. This next week could be boring as Jessica can just halt the eviction if she and/or Cody go up.

I hope whoever wins HoH puts up Cody and Mark, then Jessica uses the temptation, then the next HoH puts her and Cody up lol.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I get the Cody hate, I don't get the Jessica hate. She was put in a horrible spot by Cody and stuck with him because of how she felt about him (I don't get that but...) Jessica is decent and clearly a better competitor than most on this show.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I get the Cody hate, I don't get the Jessica hate. She was put in a horrible spot by Cody and stuck with him because of how she felt about him (I don't get that but...) Jessica is decent and clearly a better competitor than most on this show.

I started off liking Jessica but she became Codi and treated everyone like crap including the girls who she was close with at the very beginning. Had she played her own game I'd probably still like her.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think the worst thing to happen to Jessica is Cody coming back in. Sure it gave her one person in the house she could trust. However, she needed to start getting in good with a bunch of players which she seemed to be doing. Now, she is back to where she started.

Cody might be top 3 worst strategy players ever to play big brother. He just don't get it.

I think Matt wins this. He keeps his mouth shut. Let's the big personalities destroy each other. Then he can start doing stuff later in the game.

If Paul stays in the game past a couple more weeks. They are all morons. He is the hands down winner if the season ended today.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

She loses all credibility, respect, and anything beyond eye candy for simply liking a dbag like Cody.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think the worst thing to happen to Jessica is Cody coming back in. Sure it gave her one person in the house she could trust. However, she needed to start getting in good with a bunch of players which she seemed to be doing. Now, she is back to where she started.

Cody might be top 3 worst strategy players ever to play big brother. He just don't get it.

I think Matt wins this. He keeps his mouth shut. Let's the big personalities destroy each other. Then he can start doing stuff later in the game.

If Paul stays in the game past a couple more weeks. They are all morons. He is the hands down winner if the season ended today.

My opinion on best odds to win it:

Alex
Matt
Paul
Elena (sometimes floaters make it to the end and win by not upsetting anyone)
Jessica (if Cody gets booted again, she might be able to work with some of the floaters)

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
Paul is quickly becoming one of my favorite BB people of all time. The fact that he isnt even a target for anyone right now is incredible. He also shows how much better he is at the game then anyone else in the house. My one worry is that he comes on a little strong some times and i'm afraid it might start to cause some resentment among people in the house.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I hate Cody, but I really don't think he is that awful at the game.

-- If Week 1 was any "normal" week in Big Brother, Cody has Megan and Jillian on the block, Paul replaces one of them if the POV is used, and Paul probably goes home.

Cody gets rid of the "big dog," has his massive alliance with Mark and Matt with the 3 girls, things go on as normal. But that would be boring.

Instead, Megan quits, Alex gets thrown up there as a replacement and wins POV, Paul gets thrown up there but has a super power, Christmas is thrown up there.

He was literally forced to nominate 33% of the house in the first week, of course that's going to piss everyone off.

I love Paul, he's probably my favorite houseguest, but the whole game is changed if he never receives that super power, or if his super power is revealed to the house. Cody likely goes down as a legend if Paul goes out week 1.

-- I like the idea of them trying to keep the house calm. Of course, it's going to bite them in the ass tonight, BUT I think the house will see next week that Jessica has the hex, and the house will think America "likes" those two. Who America likes is HUGE in how houseguests behave. Look at how long Frankie lasted in the house just because everyone thought he was loved outside the house.