MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I see them signing one of Darvish Arietta or trading in offseason for gray. Then signing some lower #5 like the did with Anderson this year and see if he pans out. Fall back plan is to have Monte be the #5.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If 2nd half Jake is going to be regular Jake going forward for a couple years, bring him back.

If 1st half Jake will be the regular Jake, I'm not sure what they should do. I hear that some metrics still showed him as one of MLBs best (like top 30 or something), but he seemed awful.

Signing Jake and Darvish would just be fun. That seems like something the Cubs could afford, since I'm "spending" other people's money.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
If 2nd half Jake is going to be regular Jake going forward for a couple years, bring him back.

If 1st half Jake will be the regular Jake, I'm not sure what they should do. I hear that some metrics still showed him as one of MLBs best (like top 30 or something), but he seemed awful.

Signing Jake and Darvish would just be fun. That seems like something the Cubs could afford, since I'm "spending" other people's money.

Got to save some money for Harper, since we are spending other peoples money.

Reactions: CycloneErik

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Got to save some money for Harper, since we are spending other peoples money.
I don't want to break the bank for Harper if we can keep what we have signed. Neither seems likely in the long run though. Harper's tantrum last night was a bit off putting.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I think Harper ends up a Yankee anyway.. and maybe KB after he's done with the Cubs

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I was not advocating a trade for Darvish - I'm saying I'd rather we trade for a pitcher now instead of sign for a pitcher in the offseason.

Yes, trading for Gray would lead to lose us a few prospects, but with a guaranteed rotation of Lester, Quintana, Gray, and Hendricks for at least 2 years, it would allow us to start focusing our money on extensions with Rizzo, Bryant, Contreras, Russell, Baez, Happ, etc...and extending just 1 or 2 of those guys, those prospects won't matter to us too much in the long run.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I was not advocating a trade for Darvish - I'm saying I'd rather we trade for a pitcher now instead of sign for a pitcher in the offseason.

Yes, trading for Gray would lead to lose us a few prospects, but with a guaranteed rotation of Lester, Quintana, Gray, and Hendricks for at least 2 years, it would allow us to start focusing our money on extensions with Rizzo, Bryant, Contreras, Russell, Baez, Happ, etc...and extending just 1 or 2 of those guys, those prospects won't matter to us too much in the long run.

A trade for a Gray type SP would cost the Cubs talent already on the big league roster at this point.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Douche alert...

dont-be-a-douche-canoe.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron