Iowa Football Recruiting

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
To be honest, Kirk has shown that he knows very little about evaluating qbs. Many times he has supported the worse qb when they've had a two qb race. Actually, he might have every single time come to think of it. He's the George Costanza of qb picks.
Amen to this. Look what Rudock did during just one year with Harbaugh. And Kirk benched the guy...

Reactions: CyTwins

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I've consulted the experts and winning a B10 Championship counts.

b102004.jpg

Historic.

That's historic...to Iowa fans. I mean, you guys can certainly call it historic, but winning a conference championship doesn't make Kinnick a historic piece of college football.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU's super bowl.

Something like that. I just find it funny that Kirk and I are on the same page in terms of evaluating Wadley's talent. I'm sure Campbell would agree with me too that Ryen was not ready to leave early either

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Something like that. I just find it funny that Kirk and I are on the same page in terms of evaluating Wadley's talent. I'm sure Campbell would agree with me too that Ryen was not ready to leave early either

Agreed. Same as Lazard/Vandeberg, Cotton-Moya/Gervase... list goes on.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
All I'm saying is that you all keep beating that drum, but there's nothing to back it up with.

I think it has more to do with being named after a Heisman Trophy winner who died serving his country in the prime of his life. That is way more historic that the result of any football game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think it has more to do with being named after a Heisman Trophy winner who died serving his country in the prime of his life. That is way more historic that the result of any football game.

Please refer to our stadium as Historic Jack Trice Stadium. Thanks in advance

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am not about to get into an argument as to whose death was more meaningful, Kinnick or Trice.

Who's trying to argue? I think it's cool that both Iowa and ISU have Historic stadiums. I doubt many states can say that so put the hatred aside and realize that is pretty special.

• Agree
Reactions: CyclONE Nation

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I am not about to get into an argument as to whose death was more meaningful, Kinnick or Trice.

I'm sure Chumps and 'taters will find a link on this and this will take another turn away from the thread title for the two thousandth time!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm sure Chumps and 'taters will find a link on this and this will take another turn away from the thread title for the two thousandth time!

It would take a sad individual to try to discredit those two men and the Historic stadiums named after them

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Also KF was adamant about not getting rid of the Iowa/ISU game today.

As an Iowa fan first I agree with Kirk and the sentiment. For one weekend in the fall pretty much the entire state is focused on the game. Even casual fans who don't normally pay attention the rest of the season pay attention to this game. Whether in Ames or Iowa City, there are always many many more people around the stadium than for any other game of the year. It is good for the state even if someone in NYC or LA could care less about it. It's a fun time at the game at either location. I have asked the question of Iowa fans that don't agree with me that think we should be scheduling Notre Dame or Georgia or LSU at the beginning of a season whether they really think it is smart for a team that needs to generally develop during a season (playing its best ball at the end ...except bowl games in recent history) should be playing teams stocked with 4 and 5 star players at the beginning of a season. I think Iowa would match up better at the end of a season of development. Again recent bowl history not included. They have to get that stuff figured out as to what is going on running up to bowl games that leads to the collapse in recent years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As an Iowa fan first I agree with Kirk and the sentiment. For one weekend in the fall pretty much the entire state is focused on the game. Even casual fans who don't normally pay attention the rest of the season pay attention to this game. Whether in Ames or Iowa City, there are always many many more people around the stadium than for any other game of the year. It is good for the state even if someone in NYC or LA could care less about it. It's a fun time at the game at either location. I have asked the question of Iowa fans that don't agree with me that think we should be scheduling Notre Dame or Georgia or LSU at the beginning of a season whether they really think it is smart for a team that needs to generally develop during a season (playing its best ball at the end ...except bowl games in recent history) should be playing teams stocked with 4 and 5 star players at the beginning of a season. I think Iowa would match up better at the end of a season of development. Again recent bowl history not included. They have to get that stuff figured out as to what is going on running up to bowl games that leads to the collapse in recent years.

I don't think it would matter when Iowa played any of those teams IMO. They seem to wear down at the end of the season (Doyle) so if I was an Iowa fan I'd rather play the better teams early on

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron