Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
ads on CF have frozen my computer three times today. Don't know what they did new this weekend, but it's annoying as all get out.
CW mentioned potentially adding a pay option for those of us that want to eliminate ads. I'm still waiting for details.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Adventure land trip this weekend. Shortly after entering I saw a guy riding the monster who thought he would record the experience with his cell phone. A millisecond into the 1st "**** gets real" part of the ride, he drops it. :D Luckily/unluckily it dropped into a secure gated area, so he was probably able to recover it the next morning....or so they say.

For $10 bucks I won a 2 ft tall plush Cy in football uni. Chick was unable to correctly guess my weight. Actually she was unable to guess my weight with backpack and water bottle, shoes on, wallet in pocket, cell in pocket, etc, etc. She guessed 175, which actually is pretty dead on for me in the morning after a pee with nothing on but boxer shorts. I clocked in there at 190 lbs.

My son who is 3 had a freaking blast and rode everything he wanted. I managed to only go on 3 rides. #I'mjustadadnow

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Something weird going on with my right hand. Went to pick up a box at work from it's edge, (thumb outside box, rest of fingers inside the box) I had a shooting pain go across my knuckles at the base of my fingers...tendon/ligament pain. The pain waxed & waned, then I took a nap (at home, not at work) Woke up to the pain localized in my middle finger. Ice pack and aspirin for now.

Anyone see my "owie"? ;)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Got home from work and did some stuff then went for the 420 bike ride. Dropped my chain on a late shift on last hill. Put chain back on dropped back down the hill and made it successfully. No walk of shame and an extra half a hill not a bad night. Busy morning tomorrow 2 different stops about 60 miles apart and I have to be at the 2nd one at 9, hope the first one goes good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got home from work and did some stuff then went for the 420 bike ride. Dropped my chain on a late shift on last hill. Put chain back on dropped back down the hill and made it successfully. No walk of shame and an extra half a hill not a bad night. Busy morning tomorrow 2 different stops about 60 miles apart and I have to be at the 2nd one at 9, hope the first one goes good.

What's your job again?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
First run since Monday's trip to the ER.
I knew I'd likely lost everything I built or thought I built, but .17 of a mile kicked my tail.

Walked/ran a mile. New goal is to do a mile without stopping on Saturday.

Boo that.

I have only biked once in the last two weeks. Pretty much haven't done anything, been too light headed and nauseated. No trips to LifeTime, no biking, no running, no sammich and beer runs with Pants, no nothing. Pretty sure I've dropped a few pounds. Getting really ******* tired of this. Think i am going to ride tomorrow regardless of how I feel.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrevkah

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Boo that.

I have only biked once in the last two weeks. Pretty much haven't done anything, been too light headed and nauseated. No trips to LifeTime, no biking, no running, no sammich and beer runs with Pants, no nothing. Pretty sure I've dropped a few pounds. Getting really ******* tired of this. Think i am going to ride tomorrow regardless of how I feel.

Planning to check the scale before kickboxing tomorrow.
Thought I read one # on the scale at my follow-up visit on Wednesday. # I see in the electronic records would mean that I gained 15 pounds between the onset of the allergy attack Monday and that appointment on Wednesday.

It's happened before, but I want that to be a recording error.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Is this all an elaborate pot joke?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

If you have been paying attention to the Tour de France over the years you'll know all road bikers are on drugs. Lots of drugs.

DAdI_m8W0AUroMU.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Nah, just the quick type version, because most the folks in RTT know about my biking. After I typed it I thought about changing it and I figured what the heck worst that happened was I put myself on some DEA watch list. :confused:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I had to Google someone so I decided to Google myself afterwards and was suprised. They have my wrong address and of all the pictures. Not a single one with me in it. I'm falling off the grid.

Although there are about 10 random mugshots so that concerns me. None me by the way.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Adventure land trip this weekend. Shortly after entering I saw a guy riding the monster who thought he would record the experience with his cell phone. A millisecond into the 1st "**** gets real" part of the ride, he drops it. :D Luckily/unluckily it dropped into a secure gated area, so he was probably able to recover it the next morning....or so they say.

For $10 bucks I won a 2 ft tall plush Cy in football uni. Chick was unable to correctly guess my weight. Actually she was unable to guess my weight with backpack and water bottle, shoes on, wallet in pocket, cell in pocket, etc, etc. She guessed 175, which actually is pretty dead on for me in the morning after a pee with nothing on but boxer shorts. I clocked in there at 190 lbs.

My son who is 3 had a freaking blast and rode everything he wanted. I managed to only go on 3 rides. #I'mjustadadnow

It's been so long since I have been to Adventureland. What do they have for toddlers?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Brought home the Beauty and the Beast movie from the library. Z said that it was scary. so I ended up watching it myself . It was okay.

Z saw the Beast build a bear doll and said that he as less scary than the one in the movie. :)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Survived the guy's weekend trip to Lincoln this weekend. My friend that lives there arranged for a stadium tour with a friend of his. Turns out his friend is good friends with one of my neighbors.

We rented a suite at a minor league baseball game. The team's director of sales was a good friend of my sister from high school. I have an uncomfortable number of random connections in Lincoln.

Also, acting like you're 21 for a weekend, when you're close to 50 is good for the soul. At least I'll go with that as an excuse for the bad dancing we did to the 80's band.

Reactions: NWICY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Storms hit KC hard this weekend. I woke up yesterday to a 20 foot (foot and a half diameter) limb down. Nothing but a couple solar lights damaged, but that was about 5 hours worth of cleanup I could have done without.

We lost power for a few moments Saturday night, but we were pretty lucky. There are still around 30,000 people without power this morning.

On the positive side, I watched the US and Sporting KC's soccer games and watched Hacksaw Ridge finally. I'm not a really big war-movie guy, but that was a solid flick.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In waiting room, had to fake a nap so older dude with foreign accent would stop talking to me. I couldn't understand him for the life of me, between being half deaf and his accent it was rough. Thankfully another old (I'm still a stud) with a mullet came in that knew him and started talking to him. Even a perm in the mullet. Think accent dude just said he was supposed to be in surgery at 5. He may be in wrong room.

Status
Not open for further replies.