Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
giphy.gif
This is what it looks like outside my office window looking at our pond. 20-30 crows walking/flying around

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This is what it looks like outside my office window looking at our pond. 20-30 crows walking/flying around
They get like that on campus in the late summer & fall early evenings. They've tried plastic owls on the building roofs, and broadcasting a hawk screech at random intervals, but they're smart birds...they just ignore it. One year there were so many in the trees outside my building that the sidewalk was coated with droppings. And when it got cold and the stuff froze, well...you've heard the phrase "slicker than ****"? It's accurate.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Iowa SB championship is up to 14th inning.

In response to CG. Maybe the curds would be but no way in hell the milk would be. Even with curds the key is freshness. That being said I would mow down a bag of those Hook's point curds from up your way if I had a chance. Damn they were good.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Iowa SB championship is up to 14th inning.

16th inning.

My husband is there.

Albia still needs to play in the 3A championship game.

I will never see him again. (Sorry, overly melodramatic)

Edit: Gah. EBF went to the bottom of the 16th up 4-1. Lost 5-4...winning run scored on an error.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pants with cheese curds, Rulzzz with a trunk full of soda pop, CG and NWICY enabling. It's fat corgi food night on RTT. :rolleyes:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The Birds reminded me of the turkey vulture circling overhead when I was watering the garden. Yeah I'm old and it was ballz hot but it wasn't like I was anywhere near a Twin Cities cop and ded.

Between running errands, walking dog, watering garden, and mowing disabled neighbor's yard (he has a rider and does it when it isn't this hot), I sweat through four of a certain undergarment today. Do laundry or buy more? Maybe both. We aren't mowing our yard until it rains. The grass all looks deceased and even the weeds are looking wilty. Also the dog doo seems to disintegrate before we go pick it up. Need a rain dance.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
is UV index of 1 the highest? Cause otherwise that seems odd. The sites I use go higher for more sunlight, like this week when it was hot was like 8/9 UV index
The UV index goes up and down depending on where the sun is in the sky. So it goes on a bell curve. Low in the morning, high in the afternoon and low again in the evening.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
16th inning.

My husband is there.

Albia still needs to play in the 3A championship game.

I will never see him again. (Sorry, overly melodramatic)

Edit: Gah. EBF went to the bottom of the 16th up 4-1. Lost 5-4...winning run scored on an error.

What time did the 3A game start?! I watched the 4A game in the morning, knew girls on both of the teams. The Ballard team has at least 5 girls who played on that Central Iowa Little League World Series team, and the same coach from that team (team almost won the LLWS but there was some controversy over a potential "thrown" game by a different team). I was texting a mom who was at the game (her 8th grade daughter started CF for Ballard) and just said it was bittersweet watching all these girls we know/have played club with and knowing our daughter may never make it there. :(

Last night was the Hairball concert at the county fair. Rain scared people away, it wasn't very full. Oldest was first in line so she could be front row by the stage. All she wanted was a pick from the lead guitarist. A "Hairball Lady" (aka crazy fan who has seen 50 shows) says, "Good luck, I've only seen him throw out a pick like twice." We were sitting back a bit but at one point I saw him throw a pick in the front row and was sure my daughter got it. Unfortunately it went to some smaller kid beside her. :( She was pretty upset.

While we were sitting waiting for the concert to start, the local football transfer Josh Knipfel walked by. Good lord he is huge. I keep saying we are going to start bottling the water from here and have my kids drink it.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The UV index goes up and down depending on where the sun is in the sky. So it goes on a bell curve. Low in the morning, high in the afternoon and low again in the evening.

for like, accuweather or whatever, I only notice what they put as the "high" for the day. So I'm guessing yours was what it actually was at like, 7-8pm which makes more sense.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What time did the 3A game start?! I watched the 4A game in the morning, knew girls on both of the teams. The Ballard team has at least 5 girls who played on that Central Iowa Little League World Series team, and the same coach from that team (team almost won the LLWS but there was some controversy over a potential "thrown" game by a different team). I was texting a mom who was at the game (her 8th grade daughter started CF for Ballard) and just said it was bittersweet watching all these girls we know/have played club with and knowing our daughter may never make it there. :(

Last night was the Hairball concert at the county fair. Rain scared people away, it wasn't very full. Oldest was first in line so she could be front row by the stage. All she wanted was a pick from the lead guitarist. A "Hairball Lady" (aka crazy fan who has seen 50 shows) says, "Good luck, I've only seen him throw out a pick like twice." We were sitting back a bit but at one point I saw him throw a pick in the front row and was sure my daughter got it. Unfortunately it went to some smaller kid beside her. :( She was pretty upset.

While we were sitting waiting for the concert to start, the local football transfer Josh Knipfel walked by. Good lord he is huge. I keep saying we are going to start bottling the water from here and have my kids drink it.

11:30 start. Was a smokin also so we quit watching.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron