JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You got that from my post wow.

What is funny is that not only is Iowa substantially more secure than isu so is Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers.

Yikes.

Thank God you put Rutgers and Iowa's 1-0 record vs them because they have an all time losing record to Illinois and Purdue.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Thank God you put Rutgers and Iowa's 1-0 record vs them because they have an all time losing record to Illinois and Purdue.

Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers all have a more secure future than isu.

Yikes.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Pretty simple really, the Big Ten is much more secure than the Big 12. Then when OU and Texas leave, do you really belive that isu will have the pull to displace other P5 schools?

Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers won't have to worry about that now will they? Get ready for some MACtion.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Pretty simple really, the Big Ten is much more secure than the Big 12. Then when OU and Texas leave, do you really belive that isu will have the pull to displace other P5 schools?

Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers won't have to worry about that now will they? Get ready for some MACtion.

As good of a chance as teams go down to 10 teams like the big xii and keep higher profile teams in those over 10 Which 4 in the big ten go? Iowa probably is one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: MVCchamps

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
MVC already throwing in the towel that Iowa is one of he worst teams in the West but since Rutgers and Maryland have TVs, it's all good.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
As good of a chance as teams go down to 10 teams like the big xii and keep higher profile teams in those over 10 Which 4 in the big ten go? Iowa probably is one.

So in your scenario there will be a power six and then a four team conference to get to 64?

Anyone else with this delusion? Link?

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
MVC already throwing in the towel that Iowa is one of he worst teams in the West but since Rutgers and Maryland have TVs, it's all good.

Really, why is Iowa third in the West for the AP ranking of all time? Want that link again?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Convince the AP of your argument and we are good. Where is isu on this list, 110+ and looking up at El Toro Marines?

Yikes.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time
Really, why is Iowa third in the West for the AP ranking of all time? Want that link again?
Iowa padded their non con to get the AP rankings.
Iowa only has an all time winning record against NW in the West. That's a pretty simple stat. That's all time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So no link, just another clone fan myth.

isu looking up at the El Torro Marines.
I'm not sure what you aren't getting in that Iowa has an all time losing record to 5 of their 6 opponents in the Big Ten West. You don't address that but instead bring up an all time AP ranking.
Out of 125 D1 all time D1 schools plus 4 recent school additions like Georgia State, Iowa is 69th in all time winning percentage.

All time losing record to almost all of their divisions opponents and in the lower half of all time winning percentage in the NCAA.
http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/all-time-record

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Iowa padded their non con to get the AP rankings.
Iowa only has an all time winning record against NW in the West. That's a pretty simple stat. That's all time.

So JP can't back up his myth with a link. I guess that is what we get from a fan of a team looking up at the El Torro Marines in the AP all time best football programs.

The only time clone fans see good football programs is when other teams come to Ames.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
I'm not sure what you aren't getting in that Iowa has an all time losing record to 5 of their 6 opponents in the Big Ten West. You don't address that but instead bring up an all time AP ranking.
Out of 125 D1 all time D1 schools plus 4 recent school additions like Georgia State, Iowa is 69th in all time winning percentage.

All time losing record to almost all of their divisions opponents and in the lower half of all time winning percentage in the NCAA.
http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/all-time-record

Convince the AP to re-work their ranking them.

Good luck.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Convince the AP to re-work their ranking them.

Good luck.
Yep you don't get it. To get into Iowa's spot in the all time AP and losing most of your games to your in division rivals, and to be in the lower half of all time winning percentage, something had to give. That's weak non con opponents. It will always be that way for Iowa going forward too. Iowa won't leave the State in the future. They are scared.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron