RECRUITING: Randy Onwausaor

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Keep an eye on the name Randy Onwuasor..... Sounds like Iowa State is about to make a push for the former Southern Utah G who averaged 23.5 points per game last year. He's already scheduled a visit to Gonzaga on Aug. 1 so competition will be tough. Wouldn't get your hopes up but Iowa State hopes to be a factor.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/67255/randy-onwuasor

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Oh god please yes please..exactly what we need..straight up 3pt shooter...IMO this would be far bigger impact for 2017.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
being that hes played in the big 12 already it might be hard to convince him to come here. All for filling that last scholarship if they can compete for minutes

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

When I saw RO had his release I was hoping to see ISU as a team that reached out. Considering ISU wasn't listed on his initial contact/visit intrest list I wont get my hopes up. Staff is putting in work regardless shows their commitment to the program.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
being that hes played in the big 12 already it might be hard to convince him to come here. All for filling that last scholarship if they can compete for minutes
Or he saw what it's like to play in Hilton and liked what he saw. I like the call it the Matt Campbell theory.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Stereotype

Apr 23, 2017
Hypothetically speaking here. If we were to pick up this kid, what would our starting lineup look like next year?

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Hypothetically speaking here. If we were to pick up this kid, what would our starting lineup look like next year?

He wouldn't start in all likelihood.

Jackson
Wigginton
Babb
Beverly (probably) or Brase
Young

If he did start over Wiggs, he would be splitting minutes IMO

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He wouldn't start in all likelihood.

Jackson
Wigginton
Babb
Beverly (probably) or Brase
Young

If he did start over Wiggs, he would be splitting minutes IMO

Randy would only go to a program where is expecting to start. He has to many options of where to play and will want exposure for a chance to play professionally.
If he were to come to Ames, I assume he'd take Babb's spot in the lineup. Prohm would go small and add another shooter on the perimeter.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It would be a good get as far as adding some depth but I don't think it is a big loss if they don't get him. He played on a horrible team last year in a not so good conference. He played two years at Tech and didn't do anything and it isn't like tech was loaded when he was there. He also isn't a good shooter.