More Trouble for Barta

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa Pre-Flight is just one of 80+ schools isu looks up at for the all time best football programs according to the AP.

Yikes.

Iowa also has an all time losing record to Pre-Flight like they do with 83% of the other teams in the Big Ten West.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Jury is out on Prohm who's more accomplished so far in his career than Fran who's like 60?

They're not here anymore so I guess I don't care. I like that he took the initiative to make some changes with some of them

You thought Rhoads was a great hire in the first 2 years as well. Doesn't make it a good hire yet after only 2 years of data.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You thought Rhoads was a great hire in the first 2 years as well. Doesn't make it a good hire yet after only 2 years of data.

Prohm already has a sweet 16 and a conference tournament championship under his belt. The dude can flat out coach.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well good for you I guess? You have a fan base that loves its AD who gives you winning football 35% of the time. Maybe if the fans demanded more out of the AD they could instead become fans that fevorishly support a winning football team.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

Pollard has made it so the football program has every possible chance it can have for being in Ames, Iowa with little winning tradition to succeed.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Everyone at the time said Chizik was a splash hire. McDermott and Jackson did not turn out well. Rhoads took the program to some highs it hadn't seen before and he had offers from other schools during his time so the hire was a good one in my opinion just couldn't sustain.

Lickliter was coming off national Coach of the Year honors when Iowa hired him but I would never try and defend that hire as it was terrible.

Rhoads didnt come close to matching McCarney's achievements with the exception of beating a Top 5 team.

How can you call a coach that won 37% of his games overall and 26% of his conference games a "good one"?

JP has all of you brainwashed.

• Winner
Reactions: MVCchamps

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lickliter was coming off national Coach of the Year honors when Iowa hired him but I would never try and defend that hire as it was terrible.

Rhoads didnt come close to matching McCarney's achievements with the exception of beating a Top 5 team.

How can you call a coach that won 37% of his games overall and 26% of his conference games a "good one"?

JP has all of you brainwashed.

Rhoads was a 1 point loss in OT against Nebraska to make 4 straight bowl games.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Rhoads was a 1 point loss in OT against Nebraska to make 4 straight bowl games.

So what? He didnt make 4 straight bowl games. McCarney made 5 in a 6 season stretch at ISU and is responsible for 2/3 of the all time ISU bowl victories.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Iowa also has an all time losing record to Pre-Flight like they do with 83% of the other teams in the Big Ten West.

Iowa is the 26th best football program of all-time according to the AP.

Keep dreaming of that level of success. Dreams are all you have.

Yikes.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So what? He didnt make 4 straight bowl games. McCarney made 5 in a 6 season stretch at ISU and is responsible for 2/3 of the all time ISU bowl victories.
Did I say he made 4 straight? I said he was a point away.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Easy if our AD hates women like yours.

Then do it. Don't talk about bringing baseball back actually do it. If isu can afford it then this should be easy.

Will isu keep dreaming of Iowa's success or will they some century, go out and achieve it?

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Meh, that would have been pretty big for them. I do the same thing about the 2015 MSU game being a play away from the playoff.

and each and every clone fan says it doesn't matter. Funny how now the shoe is on the other foot they change their tune.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Then do it. Don't talk about bringing baseball back actually do it. If isu can afford it then this should be easy.

Will isu keep dreaming of Iowa's success or will they some century, go out and achieve it?

When did I bring up baseball?
Hawk fans talk about ISU baseball more than ISU fans talking about ISU baseball.

I would be in favor of D1 hockey over baseball given the region we live in.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

What success?