MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Don't look now fellas but just 2 games back from the Brewers with a 3 game series up next vs the Cardinals, 5 games with the lowly White Sox, then 3 @ Milwaukee. Could be in 1st soon and maybe start to build a bit of a lead by the end of the month if the hot streak continues.
I think we only have 4 games vs the sox. 2 at Wrigley, then 2 at whatever they are calling their park these days...

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Don't like where Pittsburgh is sitting... Hopefully they don't gain to much momentum.

Pittsburgh worries me more than Milwaukee too but I'm pretty confident the Cubs will end up winning the division pretty easily still. I did not think Milwaukee would lay down this quick though, blowing through a 5.5 game lead in just over a week is going to be impressive.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Pittsburgh worries me more than Milwaukee too but I'm pretty confident the Cubs will end up winning the division pretty easily still. I did not think Milwaukee would lay down this quick though, blowing through a 5.5 game lead in just over a week is going to be impressive.

I thought we'd chip away, then take over 1st in August, and never look back.
I didn't expect this week's collapse, either. We're certainly in great shape now to take this thing over.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Need to win the series this weekend to keep the momentum going. Another sweep would be great but really would like to grab 2

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
  • Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Personally, I think the starting rotation will be fine. Get to the playoffs and roll with Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks and Quintana and leave Lackey off the roster.

I would rather see them focus on help behind the plate and bullpen arms.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
No thanks. We would have to give up too much to have a guy for 3 months. Our rotation is good enough right now to make a playoff push. Add Darvish, and who is the odd man out in the playoffs?

I was thinking the same thing. Darvish has great stuff, but he is fragile. Someone convince me he would be worth what he will probably demand. @CyJack13?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Having Yu sounds awesome but I feel like it'll take trading one of our major league guys plus a decent prospect. If we had him for even one more year after this year I'd be on board but only getting less than a half season (plus postseason I guess) doesn't strike me as a terribly smart thing to do

Right. Has to be an extension in place to do that. We don't need a Chapman rental this year. We're set up too well to need that.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. Darvish has great stuff, but he is fragile. Someone convince me he would be worth what he will probably demand. @CyJack13?

I don't think the return will be that high for him, good prospects not great ones. The price for starting pitching rentals hasn't been overly high the last few years. But I also don't think the Cubs get him.