Brody Teske

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Hearing that Iowa's staff told Mejia that they were able to get him admitted to school, but that it wasn't true. Now he is stuck in Limbo. May grayshirt and reopen recruitment next season.

My Iowa source is pretty spot on with stuff. When he first decommitted to Iowa I was told he was unlikely to qualify. When he made the "application error" and Illinois rejected him, I was told it is a smoke screen and he didn't qualify. Finally, when he "recommitted" to Iowa, I was told at best he's a greyshirt/JUCO because he wouldn't qualify at Iowa, either. I think the kid has some disconnect from reality.

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
Application error has impacted him. He submitted things to CA standards, for IL. School counselor did not catch it. IL admissions viewed it as him withholding and his app was flagged and admission denied. This shows up at other universities and makes admission difficult at best. This goes off his application over time, hence grayshirt talk. Obviously still needing to meet each university's academic requirements.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I
I assume you are talking about Cayd's brother Triston? Triston would be Millage's size weight wise, and I hadn't heard anything about Cayd being hurt.
It was Cayd. He walked off the mat after about 5 min. so maybe it wasn't very serious.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Application error has impacted him. He submitted things to CA standards, for IL. School counselor did not catch it. IL admissions viewed it as him withholding and his app was flagged and admission denied. This shows up at other universities and makes admission difficult at best. This goes off his application over time, hence grayshirt talk. Obviously still needing to meet each university's academic requirements.

Schools, especially one like Illinois, get these things figured out for athletes. But he's also apparently not met some course requirements so he isn't worth the effort.

Dawson

Jul 1, 2017
Schools, especially one like Illinois, get these things figured out for athletes. But he's also apparently not met some course requirements so he isn't worth the effort.
The kid isn't worth the effort? Thought I'd enjoy this forum until a dumb **** like you came along.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The kid isn't worth the effort? Thought I'd enjoy this forum until a dumb **** like you came along.

Holy overreaction, Batman! If a kid isn't going to meet course requirements it isn't worth the effort for a coach to go to bat for him with admissions. Not worth the time.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Nothing too earth shattering, but its good to see him have something to say about his recruitment since he is normally very quiet.

Typical Hawkeye slant to the article from IA Wrestle though, go figure..

"Iowa and Brody Teske have seemingly always been two names that have been connected. Given the Hawkeyes’ success at the lightweights on both the college and International level, one has to assume Iowa City is attractive for obvious reasons"

No mention of him working out at the CRTC every week with the ISU wrestlers and some of his high school teammates and with Metcalf, Zadick and St John. Or that some of his very good friends are going to be wrestling at ISU and UNI.

I probably read too much into that, but it's always pretty obvious that IA Wrestle is owned and ran by die hard Hawk fans.

With all that said, I hope we can land Teske. He's big time and could anchor 125 for maybe 4 years for us. I wish we could have seen him wrestle at Fargo this past week.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I don't know how accurate this info is so take it or leave it. I grew up in Fort Dodge and still have a lot of family and friends there. Dont really follow wrestling too closely but remember seeing stuff about Brody on here.

I asked my buddy who still lives back in Dodge while we were on XBox if he had heard anything about which way he was leaning in the recruiting. My buddy is in the same inner circle of friends but from what he was saying is that Brody really likes and wants to go to ISU but I guess he is getting a lot of pressure from his dad to go to Minnesota. Dont know if this info is any good or not, if its even "news" or not but figured I would share what I heard in case it may be useful.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Other than UNI, i heard ISU, PSU and Minnesota & Iowa as a favorite at some point, so I think anything could happen with him

Last edited:

DesMoinesCy

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
My buddy is in the same inner circle of friends but from what he was saying is that Brody really likes and wants to go to ISU but I guess he is getting a lot of pressure from his dad to go to Minnesota.
This backs up what the previous poster wrote. Coach Dresser has pumped a lot of excitement and enthusiasm into the Cyclone program. He has also brought in top-notch assistants.

I have faith Brody will make the right decision.

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
Does the Suriano departure make PSU more of a player? I don't view Teske as someone wanting to go that far away though.