MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I will try this tonight! I usually don't have much luck getting stuff to stream. Is there anything special I need to do to get this to stream correctly?

Nope. I use a junk laptop to stream Cubs game from the links they provide and it usually works flawlessly. Check it closer to gametime and there will be a game thread for the Cubs @ Braves, and it typically has a great HD stream for both the home and away broadcasts.

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
Nope. I use a junk laptop to stream Cubs game from the links they provide and it usually works flawlessly. Check it closer to gametime and there will be a game thread for the Cubs @ Braves, and it typically has a great HD stream for both the home and away broadcasts.

Chuck thanks a lot! I will definitely be trying this tonight. Fingers crossed it works for me!

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
I've never tried the phone. My guess is that it would work just fine.
Alright thanks for all the help! I got both, so i'll give them both a try tonight. I don't need a sign on name for MLB TV or anything like that correct? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I can get this to work!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Alright thanks for all the help! I got both, so i'll give them both a try tonight. I don't need a sign on name for MLB TV or anything like that correct? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I can get this to work!

I don't have one and it works for me.
Make sure you're antivirus software is updated. That's the only real thing to be careful about.
Be careful where you click. Don't let a link take you to a pay site, or a flash player site, or any other random thing they want. "X" only.

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
Make sure you're antivirus software is updated. That's the only real thing to be careful about.
Be careful where you click. Don't let a link take you to a pay site, or a flash player site, or any other random thing they want. "X" only.
Works for me thanks Erik! I'll be back on here tonight, if I'm not having any luck haha.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

This is essentially why I use an old laptop, just in case. Been using the same laptop for 2 years now, and it still works great for streaming.

Also, that link on Reddit always shows a few mobile streams, so it can work on your phone too, although Ive never tried it so I dont know how well it works.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Good thing Colorado won't play those teams ag-.....oh...right. Nevermind. But for the record, they also lost 2 of 3 to the Mets and got swept by the Giants. They aren't playing well enough to beat anyone right now, much less the Dodgers.

Before that sweep we had won 9 straight against the giants. We have a better record than the dodgers do against them. I think we have 20 games in the second half against above .500 baseball teams.

How about you guys get let's say 5 games above .500 before you can start talking ****.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Before that sweep we had won 9 straight against the giants. We have a better record than the dodgers do against them. I think we have 20 games in the second half against above .500 baseball teams.

How about you guys get let's say 5 games above .500 before you can start talking ****.

upload_2017-7-17_14-27-14.png

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Don't worry we'll be there soon, but hey holding a wild card spot into early August will surely go down as one of the greatest Rockies seasons in franchise history!

Reactions: YeahBuddy

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Hey I stuck up for the Rockies. Im just basing this off the games they played against the Cubs already, but they are a good team, and like you said, they have played good teams so far. They are not going to win the Division, but at this point I see no reason to think they wont be a Wild Card team. I just dont see where the Cubs have a better chance at catching the Rockies (or D-backs) for a wild card spot as opposed to the Brewers for the Division...nor would I want to play in a one-game playoff against either of those teams seeing how we have fared against the NL West so far. The Brewers second half is tough. They just had the worst team in baseball at home, while the Cubs played an average team on the road, and the Cubs were able to gain a game on them.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'll just say I think it's funny hearing that there was no way the two wildcard teams were coming from anywhere but the NL West... in freaking June. Now the Cubs are only 5.5 out of the WC and that could be made up in the next two weeks or less. Not saying it will but 5.5 is nothing in August. Moral of the story, baseball is a long season.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If your rotation stays steady, looks like we won't have to face Quintana.

It wont with Hendricks coming back. Hendricks, who is pitching at AA tonight, would likely pitch on Saturday against St Louis, and Montgomery will be moved to the pen at that point. My guess is the rotation will shake out like this:

Today- Lester
Tomorrow- Lackey
Wednesday- Montgomery
Friday- Arrieta
Saturday- Hendricks
Sunday- Quintana
Monday 24th- Lester
Tuesday 25th- Lackey
Wednesday 26th- Arrieta
Thursday 27th- Hendricks
Friday 28th- Quintana
Saturday 29th- Lester
Sunday 30th- Lackey

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

And? I only pointed that out to illustrate that they haven't been losing recently solely because of the Dodgers and D-Backs (who also haven't looked very good lately). The nine wins against them before that (5 of which were in April) aren't relevant to how they've played recently.