To be fair, Guy also owns a Cobra

FNM_060113-Guy-Cars-Spread_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Have any pictures of the new car yet??? :D

Seriously though, I much prefer the look of the C6 to the C5's, but I think the C5's are good at their current price point. I'd also do a vert, but you already are having that struggle.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If you're in the metro area there is a dark blue 04 I think in Ankeny East of 69 on 47th street. Convertible tan top. I think it said $22,000 but not sure the miles.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
No one traded any sort of motor vehicle or toy because it had too much power . Get the bigger motor or you'll be wishing you had it . Also don't be one of them jackwagons in your vette going 55 on the highway
i know several people who got rid of their viper because it freaked them out. One very well known dsm car dealership owner who frequently drives supercars said it scared the crap out of him. My dad got rid of a street legal drag 56 chevy because it had to much power and you couldnt drive it. In fact I know lots of people with classic cars who traded big motors and trans for a nice 350 and auto for drivability purposes. Also dont be one of those jackwagon vette owners that cant drive their car and go sideways out of a stoplight and smash a few cars as shown on youtube a billion times.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Also dont be one of those jackwagon vette owners that cant drive their car and go sideways out of a stoplight and smash a few cars as shown on youtube a billion times.

Those are usually Mustang owners. Corvette owners tend to be a little conservative. I can't remember the last time I saw a vette actually break the law.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Do any dealerships finance in house? Anyway, I would guess that unless you find someone who needs ot unload one of these, there won't be a whole lot of haggling to do. Nothing like a new car.

I've successfully talked myself out of a Challenger, both SRT and Hellcat for a few years now. Hopefully I can continue to do so. I hope I never have the chance to drive the Hellcat.

You need a better advice person. Let US help.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
i know several people who got rid of their viper because it freaked them out. One very well known dsm car dealership owner who frequently drives supercars said it scared the crap out of him. My dad got rid of a street legal drag 56 chevy because it had to much power and you couldnt drive it. In fact I know lots of people with classic cars who traded big motors and trans for a nice 350 and auto for drivability purposes. Also dont be one of those jackwagon vette owners that cant drive their car and go sideways out of a stoplight and smash a few cars as shown on youtube a billion times.

I think you may have read that too literally?

Reactions: isu22andy

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
i know several people who got rid of their viper because it freaked them out.
Had a fun experience in a Mustang, side-by-side with a V10 Viper on an empty Madison, Wisconsin freeway one Saturday night many years ago. I thought the Mustang had power, and that Viper did indeed freak me out. Amazing top-end power and speed- gone in a flash.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
with flames on it (thumbs down) chrome tubesteps chrome roll bar and god knows what else on it. horrible jeep.

That Jeep looks awful. Nobody should treat a CJ like that. Of course I've abused every one of them I've owned (which is a lot) but I used them for their purpose. I need another one...

• Agree
Reactions: bringmagicback

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Had a fun experience in a Mustang, side-by-side with a V10 Viper on an empty Madison, Wisconsin freeway one Saturday night many years ago. I thought the Mustang had power, and that Viper did indeed freak me out. Amazing top-end power and speed- gone in a flash.

Yeah, had a buddy with one of those. He changed out the cam and had a turbo in the thing. Drove on the interstate with him once, and when he punched it, it seemed like everyone ahead of us had gone full-throttle reverse. Scary-fast.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you want one now, buy it now--don't say "when I'm older." My dad had an original '66 new and it probably didn't stick around long once he got married 3 years later. Then when he was in his 50's he bought a '66 again for nostalgia's sake that got used occasionally in the summers. Eventually sold it. Now he is 76 and wanted a fun car again, but with two replaced hips there is no getting in and out of a Corvette anymore.

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Update...(and thanks for all the "advice"). I found a 2003 50th anniversary edition 6 speed coupe (burgundy, not red) with 12,000 miles in Georgia. My wife and I flew 1 way to pick it up/drive it back last weekend.

I love the car. Power, but not too much power. The ride is much better than I expected. I kept asking my wife if she was ready to stop for the day, but we were both happy with the ride. We ended up driving 12 hours the first day, only 4 the second. 29 mpg @ 79 mph, with a couple of traffic jams mixed in. (Atlanta...ugh). But as someone mentioned, I HAVE to order the bypass switch so that I'm not forced to shift 1-4 @ low rpms.

Now for my personalized ISU plates...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Glad you found something that you like. I'm sure driving it half way across the country was probably pretty fun.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Update...(and thanks for all the "advice"). I found a 2003 50th anniversary edition 6 speed coupe (burgundy, not red) with 12,000 miles in Georgia. My wife and I flew 1 way to pick it up/drive it back last weekend.

I love the car. Power, but not too much power. The ride is much better than I expected. I kept asking my wife if she was ready to stop for the day, but we were both happy with the ride. We ended up driving 12 hours the first day, only 4 the second. 29 mpg @ 79 mph, with a couple of traffic jams mixed in. (Atlanta...ugh). But as someone mentioned, I HAVE to order the bypass switch so that I'm not forced to shift 1-4 @ low rpms.

Now for my personalized ISU plates...

Pics are needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron