RECRUITING: A few notes on 2018 PG Tyler Harris

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Honest question: Who would start alongside Wigginton then?

Starters: Lindell, Shayok, Lewis/Babb, Lard, Solomon

2018-2019 has a lot of promise with more of a blend of talented youth and experience. Shayok will end up being a huge addition. The difference between a good and great year may come down to one (or multiple) of our front court guys taking their game to the next level.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
He's a SF.

His future is as a guard unless he grows more. Now he many play a lot of 3 at ISU but I think he is going to play both spots a lot. You will also have Senior Babb who is really a guard and Shayok another wing/guard type player. My guess is you will have two of Shayok, Babb and Lewis starting.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I dunno, to me it just shows his seriousness in us. He's most likely saving his official visit for us for a later date, like a football game or something. You don't see most of these recruits take an official visit and then later take an unofficial visit to the same school.

It just means he's more likely to see our campus twice rather than just once.

Technically he didn't take an unofficial after; he took many after.
Matt-Thomas-1-optimized.jpg

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
People pay too much attention to who plays PG, SG, SF, PF and C. Just give me the 5 best dudes we have and put them on the court together.

One of our best teams had a 6'8 PF playing PG. If Wigginton is our best option at "PG" that's more than good enough for us. Having two playmakers on the floor together like Harris and Wigginton would just make everyone better.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
His future is as a guard unless he grows more. Now he many play a lot of 3 at ISU but I think he is going to play both spots a lot. You will also have Senior Babb who is really a guard and Shayok another wing/guard type player. My guess is you will have two of Shayok, Babb and Lewis starting.
I just don't see Lewis starting until JR year unless we play small. Wiggi, Shayok, Babb and Solomon will start.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just don't see Lewis starting until JR year unless we play small. Wiggi, Shayok, Babb and Solomon will start.

This is unrelated but young is my pick for the player that will be bashed on here the most next year. He's Matt Thomas two years ago or Monte the first half of this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
This is unrelated but young is my pick for the player that will be bashed on here the most next year. He's Matt Thomas two years ago or Monte the first half of this year.
Why?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I don't think Lewis will play much 2 until he improves his ball handling. Prohm has called him a big wing which is pretty much synonymous with a SF.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I give him a 50/50 shot to start THIS year, more than 75% next year. I'd consider starting him over Babb right now.
That would be great if he was good enough to start over Babb but I think people are too low on Babb. It was obvious he was deferring to the seniors last season.

“I said (Tuesday) in practice when you talk about NBA potential, he may have the best NBA potential — when you’re just looking at straight NBA potential — on our roster,” Iowa State Coach Steve Prohm said. (Monte, Georges, Nader, Burton, Matt, Naz on roster)

Weiler-Babb’s length also lends him to be a bit of a chameleon on defense, blending into different defensive roles. Prohm believes he can guard any position one through four and said the sophomore can clean up a botched play or blown assignment with his natural ability.

“I’d love to have three guys like him,” Prohm said. “It’s not just a guy that can make shots and it’s not just a guy that can bounce. He can bounce it and he can shoot it. Late shot clock, he can rise over you and get a paint touch.”

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I think you're way off on this one. We've been heavily guard-oriented for the past few years that I don't think anyone is expecting huge numbers from Solo. If he can hold his own down low, get some cheap put-backs and collect some boards we'll all be pretty content with him. If any ISU fan gets upset at Solo for not being a double-double machine, they are just stupid. I think he'll get a fair share of them, but I'm not expecting us to change into a feed-the-post team next year.

Plus he doesn't strike me as the type of player that's going to keep shooting if he's not feeling it on a given night. He just doesn't fit the mold for being the CF "it's-all-your-fault" guy at all, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
Well if they are driving it makes sense because you really wont get to do much on Friday. If his family is good money wise a two night stay somewhere really isn't that big of deal.

I think there is a good chance he commits. I just don't automatically think the length or that he is paying things automatically means he is more likely to commit.
Any possible way to be negative as you can be. Spin, shape, and retro fit that pessimism of yours any way you feel necessary. We'll all continue to know that you're just here to take out your depression on your keyboard.

Your points are what everybody else has been saying, just with some additional steadfastness that it doesn't *automatically* mean a commitment is coming.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Any possible way to be negative as you can be. Spin, shape, and retro fit that pessimism of yours any way you feel necessary. We'll all continue to know that you're just here to take out your depression on your keyboard.

Your points are what everybody else has been saying, just with some additional steadfastness that it doesn't *automatically* mean a commitment is coming.

Thanks Captain Obvious.
triggered?

• Funny
Reactions: CloniesForLife