****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
isn't it possible it's a sarcastic laugh, because it's probably what they've been trying to do all spring and summer to no avail, but are repeatedly asked about it ? there may not be a mystery recruit, but just that slight hope that something could fall in your lap . Thus, the chuckle of getting asked over and over again about it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting comment from Prohm last night on the DMR Cyclone Insider Show

Randy Peterson: do you anticipate anybody joining your roster that would be eligible for this upcoming season

Steve Prohm: ummmmm (laughs) maybe... maybe not... (laughs) obviously if there's someone out there that can step in and help us play and step in and play right away then we would definitely look at it.

Should have gone with the

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
interesting family dynamic there
His brother was planning on being his Agent after college, and he said Greer Love created a "rift" between him and his brother with his gifts and other things.
Going public with these accusations was apparently the brothers' way of getting revenge on Bamba for siding with Greer instead of him.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Sounds they might be in the clear though bc of the longstanding relationship and they mentor says he spoke with compliance people in an effort to avoid any violations. Even though it does look shady.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
People might freak out, but he'd be better than nobody.
No he wouldn't if he can't crack the rotation as a JUCO and it is clear he would not. Same deal with the vast majority of other transfers that have been mentioned in this thread and the transfer thread. Save the schollie for a late 2017 guy who can actually be in the rotation next season or for a 2018 HS recruit.

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
No he wouldn't if he can't crack the rotation as a JUCO and it is clear he would not. Same deal with the vast majority of other transfers that have been mentioned in this thread and the transfer thread. Save the schollie for a late 2017 guy who can actually be in the rotation next season or for a 2018 HS recruit.
We have two scholarships open, so we could take him, plus still have one open. You and I have no idea what his talent level is, but I'm sure the staff does. I'm not saying they gotta take DCJ, but I do think they need to have one more player, who's eligible this coming year, and I would rather have a 2 year guy, then another Carter type late HS guy.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
We have two scholarships open, so we could take him, plus still have one open. You and I have no idea what his talent level is, but I'm sure the staff does. I'm not saying they gotta take DCJ, but I do think they need to have one more player, who's eligible this coming year, and I would rather have a 2 year guy, then another Carter type late HS guy.
Absolutely no point adding anyone for 2017 if they aren't good enough for next season's rotation, especially any immediately eligible transfer. An exception could be made for a late 2017 HS kid who the staff thinks will crack the rotation as a sophomore.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Reggie Perry 5 star SF just decommited from Arkansas. ISU offered and did recruit him early.
@courtcred 6'9 Reggie Perry has just decomiitted from the Arkansas Razorbacks. Coaches will be fighting for front row seats at his games nxt week.

Sounds like it is a his Dad is having health issues so likely would be to play back in Georgia FWIW.
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Reggie-Perry-89321/RecruitInterests