Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This describes me to a T. Well except for the 6' thing. I used to be 6' but "the man keeping me down" has resulted in me losing 3/4 of an inch. I probably need to find myself some of those '80s gravity boots.

This is funny because he always thought he was 5'11" but he measured 6' at doctor and they always try and measure you shorter and heavier than you are. Maybe he's growing at age 59? And they keep insisting I'm going to have osteoporosis and look like Yoda if I don't gain another six pounds.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Probably. And even with the extra ten pounds he's not exactly fat. Six feet and 180, but his legs are really muscular (probably a result of his exercise choices). He just isn't happy about the extra 10 pounds. I told him doctor is afraid I will be shrinking old lady, that's probably worse than ten extra pounds.

This calls for the Dr. Frankenstein transfer technology. You get his 10 pounds! Afraid to speculate on what he might get. ;)

javascriptGO2_2.png

Okay, it's raining here and I am bored.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At an oral surgeon for mom to get a tooth pulled. Doctor said I could stay and help. I asked if that gave me a discount. He said he never thought about that, so I just got up and went to the waiting room.

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
@VeloClone

What kind of bike lock do you have? I rarely have my bike unattended, maybe just locked when I take a toilet break or something. I have this lock below but thinking maybe I should run over to Eriks this gloomy afternoon and buy a Kypronite U-lock. The old cable lock is probably fine for daytime short stops, say at Utepils taproom but still has me wondering some. It's not like I ride my bike to night games at Target Field or something. bike lock.jpg

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
@BoxsterCy has done a fine job of shaming my lack of cycling miles so I went for a ride to and through the park last night. The big north loop was closed because of trail maintenance which meant I had to take the shorter south loop which is normally busier and was busier still due to the north loop closure. This all results in a Velo cycling rant.
is there any way that the "Closed Trail" signs can stay up after the maintenance is completed so that I can have the North trails to myself. Or do I need to start riding bikes naked again for that to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
@VeloClone

What kind of bike lock do you have? I rarely have my bike unattended, maybe just locked when I take a toilet break or something. I have this lock below but thinking maybe I should run over to Eriks this gloomy afternoon and buy a Kypronite U-lock. The old cable lock is probably fine for daytime short stops, say at Utepils taproom but still has me wondering some. It's not like I ride my bike to night games at Target Field or something. View attachment 48640

Dude, I keep telling you, I don't sell locks.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
@VeloClone

What kind of bike lock do you have? I rarely have my bike unattended, maybe just locked when I take a toilet break or something. I have this lock below but thinking maybe I should run over to Eriks this gloomy afternoon and buy a Kypronite U-lock. The old cable lock is probably fine for daytime short stops, say at Utepils taproom but still has me wondering some. It's not like I ride my bike to night games at Target Field or something. View attachment 48640
A friend in junior high couldn't ever remember the combination for the old-school padlock he used for locking up his bike. He etched the combination into the bottom of the lock.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Also could be an interesting day as the Quad Cities NWS is basically down for the count as they move to a new building. Radar and weather radio are out of service and we have a "enhanced" severe weather risk.

I mean, you gotta pick a date to move, but this date didn't work out so well. Hope it stays as "normal" as possible in that area.

Maybe he's growing at age 59? And they keep insisting I'm going to have osteoporosis and look like Yoda if I don't gain another six pounds.
They did mini-physicals at work around insurance renewal time when I was in my mid-thirties. They said I was 73". I think the nurse was a bit short to read it properly. The tape measure was just attached to the wall in a conference room.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I mean, you gotta pick a date to move, but this date didn't work out so well. Hope it stays as "normal" as possible in that area.

They did mini-physicals at work around insurance renewal time when I was in my mid-thirties. They said I was 73". I think the nurse was a bit short to read it properly. The tape measure was just attached to the wall in a conference room.
I'm having the opposite problem. Even when stretching up as high as I could (doing everything except standing on my tiptoes) I was 5'1" at my last physical. I was 5'3-1/2" in high school. Sigh.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This describes me to a T. Well except for the 6' thing. I used to be 6' but "the man keeping me down" has resulted in me losing 3/4 of an inch. I probably need to find myself some of those '80s gravity boots.
I've lost about a 1/2" of height myself. I keep telling my wife that gravity takes its toll and we should spend more time horizontal. No. She doesn't think it's funny either.

Status
Not open for further replies.