Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
yeah a lot of my pictures of locations I know were impressive in person just don't translate nicely in the photos.
I have always found that to be true. Sometimes pictures can't do justice to a landscape. I am by no means a world traveler but when you see the Cliffs of Moher in person you realize pictures just don't give you the real story.

Cliffs-of-Moher-2.jpg

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I tried the other link in a different browser I wasn't logged into so hopefully that one works

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Also LittleWx is sick(fever and throwing up) and as is obvious from my post about my MIL is out of town this week so she had to close the daycare. Two other kids were sick with this yesterday. So she texts everyone that is left this morning at 6:30 that she will be closed today. An hour later one of the remaining mom's posts on FB how she is so thankful her mom could step in and take her son since the daycare closed abruptly today (not even mentioning why). She has also brought her son when he had a fever despite my wife telling her multiple times that she couldn't. I wanted to comment on it that she is more than welcome to take him somewhere else more than likely a center where she will pay at least $40/week just so she can avoid pretty much any inconvenience of having a kid. Granted they would absolutely not take a kid with a fever so she would still have to learn that lesson.

• Dislike
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I like the one looking down on the loch past the castle, from up on the hill side. Beautiful. Also, agree with GR8 that the Eiffel Tower pic is great!

I really love that Eiffel picture! I think that castle is just some random rich house - don't even think it's old. But up at the top of that hike - overlooking Loch Katrine - it was misty and cloudy so we didn't get any nice pics. As we came down the sun peeped out over Loch Achray and we got that shot instead. Decent consolation prize :)

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Count me in on the chorus of "keep the car". The road gives the picture depth, while the car gives it scale. The non-car pic, you can't really tell how big those hills/mountains are

Wow. Four out of the last five pictures in your gallery I would use as prints. (Sorry, not the cow) May I ask what the domed building is? (Sorry...I've never left the mainland of the US)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Count me in on the chorus of "keep the car". The road gives the picture depth, while the car gives it scale. The non-car pic, you can't really tell how big those hills/mountains are

Wow. Four out of the last five pictures in your gallery I would use as prints. (Sorry, not the cow) May I ask what the domed building is? (Sorry...I've never left the mainland of the US)

that is St. Paul's in London. DH took the set that night and was really annoyed at a boat with a spotlight that blew out all his attempts at getting the London Eye in it. He was also annoyed with the cranes in all his St. Paul pics, but I like them. I'd like to take credit for the pics, but I'm really not sure who took what. DH took most of the pics overall, but I would usually look at what he took and then want to reframe it a bit. I know the Edinburgh castle, St. Paul's and probably most of the Three Sisters' shots are his, but I did the castle loch, purple flower, and the other landscape ones with roads in them - both from Glen Nevis.

Not sure who gets credit for Eiffel and the cow :p

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Looks like St. Paul's cathedral in London (with the Thames in front of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron