Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You know what would be great? Doldrums! Damn gusty windy days.

Today, gusts to 28 mph
Sunday, gusts to 28 mph
Saturday, gusts to 25 mph
Friday, gusts to 31 mph

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Until I saw this and hit google, had no idea anything but shoes and cats were pumas. I tend to call everyone guys, regardless of gender.

Are choad and wanker acceptable?
I use "folks" a lot. And y'all or all y'all...

Don't know what a choad is, but I would say if the shoe fits, wanker is acceptable... :D

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
Anyone have any experience with an online resume builder?
My resume is ancient and I figure I should redo it in a format that is more updated as opposed to when I did mine years ago. I'm not sure what has changed much but figured I would ask.

I used a template on mac pages that did the trick (since I got the job) but I'm not sure about online or PC options. I feel like resumes have become a lot more visual from when I started working, to the latest job change.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Head up arse moment. In Albert Lea for parts, decide to look at a car at a dealership for my daughter. Sales people seem slightly off and keep looking at my chest (now I know how some women feel). I look down and realize I'm wearing an old polo (just a shirt to me) with the name of the car dealership I worked at. No wonder they gave me a crappy cash price.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I had to turn the closed captioning on when Rose Tyler was on Dr. Who. Blimey.

We switched closed captioning on while watching Guy Richie's movie "Snatch" and it wasn't picking up half of what Brad Pitt was saying. I think it just said something like "mumbling noises" or something.

Whenever we watch a movie with thick British accents or lingo, I have to act as a translator for my wife. I've pretty much given up trying to get her to like Monty Python altogether.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I used a template on mac pages that did the trick (since I got the job) but I'm not sure about online or PC options. I feel like resumes have become a lot more visual from when I started working, to the latest job change.
That's why I asked. I haven't seen a lot of resumes lately and figure they have changed a bit. If I search for resume builders I get all sorts of hits. I guess I could just go home one night and mess around with a few.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We switched closed captioning on while watching Guy Richie's movie "Snatch" and it wasn't picking up half of what Brad Pitt was saying. I think it just said something like "mumbling noises" or something.

Whenever we watch a movie with thick British accents or lingo, I have to act as a translator for my wife. I've pretty much given up trying to get her to like Monty Python altogether.
I've worked around international students and faculty for the last 30+ years, so my ear for accents is pretty decent. The occasional trip-up for me is several folks from India who have thick British accents. The accent isn't the problem, it's the speed at which they talk. I have to tell them to slow down because my ears can't listen as fast as they talk. :) And I serve as translator for PapaLew on a lot of those shows when we watch them together. Some of them though, he just gives up. It's kind of hard to enjoy something when you have to have someone running a constant commentary. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.