Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
See, now you're down by me. 40 minute drive to Moravia? Maybe? You'll be in the last line of counties before you hit Missouri. Consider yourself warned.

Guys...and gals...you're going to be my accountability group. Wanted to buy a pair of shorts today, and grabbed two sizes. The bigger size was juuuuuust a smidge too big around the waist, but the legs bunched and/or pooched at the back of the thighs weirdly. Smaller size was tight on the waist, but could still button 'em and breathe, and the legs looked fine.

So! We (royal "we") are going to try an experiment of no pop or candy this week. Water, iced tea, flavored and plain, and coffee this week. Then we'll move to next week, and see how that goes. So my plan is to post here by 10p CT every day this week with a daily update. Not expecting miracles, but a step in the right direction. I did have a "last hurrah" Cherry Coke and a chilled Milky Way tonight. Here's to it.

@00clone Good to "see" you, and sorry to hear about der Hund.
I avoid stopping anywhere in Missouri between Kansas City and Iowa. One time we stopped to get the kids something to eat and stretch the legs and everyone was staring at us. Like not even hiding it.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Sara, also take a look at the amount of carbs, fiber, and sodium on your food. Salt and carbs tend to bloat me and retain water. Fiber for other reasons is important too.

Good luck!

Reactions: SaraV

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
See, now you're down by me. 40 minute drive to Moravia? Maybe? You'll be in the last line of counties before you hit Missouri. Consider yourself warned.

Guys...and gals...you're going to be my accountability group. Wanted to buy a pair of shorts today, and grabbed two sizes. The bigger size was juuuuuust a smidge too big around the waist, but the legs bunched and/or pooched at the back of the thighs weirdly. Smaller size was tight on the waist, but could still button 'em and breathe, and the legs looked fine.

So! We (royal "we") are going to try an experiment of no pop or candy this week. Water, iced tea, flavored and plain, and coffee this week. Then we'll move to next week, and see how that goes. So my plan is to post here by 10p CT every day this week with a daily update. Not expecting miracles, but a step in the right direction. I did have a "last hurrah" Cherry Coke and a chilled Milky Way tonight. Here's to it.

Might want to incorporate some shieldmaiden sword workouts to go with that improve diet. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I avoid stopping anywhere in Missouri between Kansas City and Iowa. One time we stopped to get the kids something to eat and stretch the legs and everyone was staring at us. Like not even hiding it.

I remember driving from Indianapolis to Lincoln once, and literally as soon as I crossed from Illinois to Missouri I look over and there's this big fat dude naked on his deck, facing the interstate and straight up jacking it.

**** Missouri.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
00 sorry about the hound, thanks for stopping by and visiting RTT again.

Good luck with your pop/candy quest Sara.

GTO If it works out it would be great to catch up with you again.

Boxster got a 16 mile flat ride in, wind aided on the way out hit 20 on the flat on the way out, doubt I averaged 10 on the way back this was using the Trek. Maybe a few more rides and my legs and tush will be bike ready.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
At least you're coming to Iowa, where it might not be that hot...of course, you're probably living in Nunavut now, or something...but we froze our arses off trying to go to outdoor waterparks in Wisconsin Dells the last few days.

this past weekend in the Dells? Yep, that would have been cold as heck. And windy, which just adds insult.

Sorry to hear about the pup. Never easy even if expecte.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Craigslist can be great for getting rid of stuff but good lord, some of the inquires. Listed an old Murray pedal car for $250, about the going rate for these vintage thingies.

Inquiry #!: Will you take $150 and can you deliver it to me in Columbia Heights?
Ah, no.
Inquiry #2: How much are you asking?
Ah, the amount stated in the ******* ad.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Capt. Vasili Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Captain Ramius: I suppose.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: No papers?
Captain Ramius: No papers, state to state.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Captain Ramius: Oh, at least.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
did 3 miles today, first since April. Survived, though I definitely got a bit light headed at points toward the end. Been having that happen a bit lately, probably need to keep up water intake. Usually happens when I'm doing stuff outside. Resting heart rate was like 10bpm higher than normal with all the travel and time changes, got it back to its normal the past few days. I feel like that and my low blood pressure are conspiring on me when I get up too quickly. Had asked doctor about it one time just cause my numbers were well under 120/80 and she's like nah, it's fine unless you have issues with fainting/lightheaded. No fainting yet so I'm probably good.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

According to the woman at Kohl's that I overheard. Don't buy tight clothes. She was really going off about tight waist clothes specifically.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
did 3 miles today, first since April. Survived, though I definitely got a bit light headed at points toward the end. Been having that happen a bit lately, probably need to keep up water intake. Usually happens when I'm doing stuff outside. Resting heart rate was like 10bpm higher than normal with all the travel and time changes, got it back to its normal the past few days. I feel like that and my low blood pressure are conspiring on me when I get up too quickly. Had asked doctor about it one time just cause my numbers were well under 120/80 and she's like nah, it's fine unless you have issues with fainting/lightheaded. No fainting yet so I'm probably good.
With child it sounds.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
@GTO lucky you, going to Mo-town. Pro tip: If you take Highway 5 from Des Moines to Moravia, beware the speed trap by Pleasantville. It's four lane divided and goes from 65 to 55 by all three exits to Pleasantville, cause you know, they really need three exits there. There is a mighty fine Casey's off Highway 5 in Pleasantville. Also, unless they make major progress by then, going through Albia sucks balls. Major road work at intersection of 5 and US 34. Sat there for 10 minutes going to a baseball game. Maybe you will luck out and they are done, haven't been through there for two weeks or so. And there is a very cool little Veteran's Memorial not far from that intersection just a little west of Albia on 34.

Also, hope your reception is at Honey Creek. You could detour just a little west and go through Iconium, just cause it sounds like it should be on the periodic table. There isn't much there but I like the name. And to the east and south of Mo-town, there is the populated area of Paris in Davis County, which is way stranger than the Paris in Linn County or in France. Have a safe trip!

@SaraV, when I wanted to lose baby weight, I cut down a lot on processed food. Also, green tea allegedly boosts metabolism. That's all I got.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@GTO lucky you, going to Mo-town. Pro tip: If you take Highway 5 from Des Moines to Moravia, beware the speed trap by Pleasantville. It's four lane divided and goes from 65 to 55 by all three exits to Pleasantville, cause you know, they really need three exits there. There is a mighty fine Casey's off Highway 5 in Pleasantville. Also, unless they make major progress by then, going through Albia sucks balls. Major road work at intersection of 5 and US 34. Sat there for 10 minutes going to a baseball game. Maybe you will luck out and they are done, haven't been through there for two weeks or so. And there is a very cool little Veteran's Memorial not far from that intersection just a little west of Albia on 34.

Also, hope your reception is at Honey Creek. You could detour just a little west and go through Iconium, just cause it sounds like it should be on the periodic table. There isn't much there but I like the name. And to the east and south of Mo-town, there is the populated area of Paris in Davis County, which is way stranger than the Paris in Linn County or in France. Have a safe trip!

@SaraV, when I wanted to lose baby weight, I cut down a lot on processed food. Also, green tea allegedly boosts metabolism. That's all I got.
This post made my night. Hearing C4M say "sucks balls" is priceless! ;)

Yes, the wedding and the reception are at Honey Creek. We're still trying to find a place nearby to spend the night after the reception, since the rates at Honey Creek are pretty crazy for us to stay one night and leave very early the next morning. Any recommendations? I would hate to drive back to Des Moines, but also don't want to stay anywhere near or on northern Missouri.

Reactions: carvers4math
Status
Not open for further replies.