OT - Here comes the Space Corp

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I hope the part about defense against aliens was fake. I'd be concerned about the mental capacity of any leader that thinks we'd have a chance against a civilization advanced enough to roam the galaxy.

• Agree
Reactions: besserheimerphat

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
I hope the part about defense against aliens was fake. I'd be concerned about the mental capacity of any leader that thinks we'd have a chance against a civilization advanced enough to roam the galaxy.
Think David and Goliath.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

If I learned anything from Independence Day, it's that aliens use Windows, so we should be able to hack them.

Or at least Russia can.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If I learned anything from Independence Day, it's that aliens use Windows, so we should be able to hack them.

Or at least Russia can.

Didnt learn much then. David used an apple powerbook, not windows.

I7g9zS2.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I appreciate NSAA as much as the next guy, but I could see this being a money pit.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just thought I'd lob this into the conversation.

http://www.newsweek.com/are-aliens-real-aliens-evidence-nasa-anonymous-628922

"Anonymous, the global hacking collective, believes that alien life exists—and it thinks that NASA is about to confirm it.

The shadowy group made the claim in a 12-and-a-half-minute video published on an unofficial YouTube channel on Tuesday.

The video centers around recent findings by the American space organization, including the discovery of 219 new planet candidates—10 of which present similar conditions to Earth—by NASA’s Kepler space telescope team in June, as well as comments made by a senior NASA official in a U.S. government hearing."

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Was doing some early morning driving this weekend, and on the George Norrey (spelling) show. They just found new alien mummies in Peru. You just never know what people will talk about on that show.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
About 98% of me thinks this is a tremendously stupid idea and colossal waste of money.

The other 2% of me thinks it's a good idea and wants to sign up!
vauEUgn.gif

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Not really different from when the Air Force got spun off from the Army. There is already a space command division within USAF. As space continues to get more important for military/defense, it makes sense that you would want a dedicated service - it's different and important enough to warrant it.

I know there is the "non-militarisation of space" treaty, but let's face it, no one is really going to honor that (certainly not the Chinese or Russians), and in protection of your citizens you can't really do it.

I considered joining USAF instead of college, but went for my Aero E instead. If there was a Space Command.... might well have gone the other way.

Reactions: The_Architect