Naz to play with Pacers & Magic, Matt Thomas with Raptors in summer league

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
The ISU facebook page says Naz is on the Pacers and Kings..

19250385_10154612997817201_8406708750648612692_o.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan21

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Naz with 17 and 5 today in a Pacers summer league win

Not sure the look of the pacers after all the roster moves but he has looked like he has impressed. What do people think of him possibly making the team or another one?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not sure the look of the pacers after all the roster moves but he has looked like he has impressed. What do people think of him possibly making the team or another one?

Long shot. If he impresses them in summer league play then maybe he gets a camp invite. They have a couple open roster spots at the moment. But I'm not sure what the long term plan is for them. They're reportedly interested in Kelly Olynyk, so it's possible their rotation could include three seven footers standing around the perimeter spotting up and chucking 3's.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
The summer league team usually has very little association with the hosting club aside from the young players already on contract that need some extra floor development. The rest of the team is usually just fodder. Those players may have been asked to be placed on the team by other interested parties however. It's still a good chance to be seen but 9 times out of 10 the host team has no interest.

Naz has done as much as you can with the opportunity. The smaller pool of teams does limit his visibility some, but there are still plenty of actual coaches and management that can view his ability. That's perhaps the best part of summer league where scouts take a backseat to the coaches and staff who are looking for products that can provide immediate impact or fit a need with a short turnaround window.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The summer league team usually has very little association with the hosting club aside from the young players already on contract that need some extra floor development. The rest of the team is usually just fodder. Those players may have been asked to be placed on the team by other interested parties however. It's still a good chance to be seen but 9 times out of 10 the host team has no interest.

Naz has done as much as you can with the opportunity. The smaller pool of teams does limit his visibility some, but there are still plenty of actual coaches and management that can view his ability. That's perhaps the best part of summer league where scouts take a backseat to the coaches and staff who are looking for products that can provide immediate impact or fit a need with a short turnaround window.
He had two good games and two bad games... didn't he?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Very slim. Naz will make some serious coin playing hoops but I'll be stunned if it's in the NBA. Performing well will open eyes and he's a gamer but I just don't think it will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Very slim. Naz will make some serious coin playing hoops but I'll be stunned if it's in the NBA. Performing well will open eyes and he's a gamer but I just don't think it will happen.

It all kind of depends on what he wants to do. If he doesn't want to play abroad, I could totally see him sticking around the D-league for awhile and getting some NBA time a la Diante Garrett. Curtis Stinson is an example who didn't get any NBA time. I assume he could have made much more money over seas but wanted to stay in the US.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Matt just got about 5 minutes of run in the 2nd quarter with Lonzo and Ingram.

2 pts and 1 ast. Had a nice left handed layup in transition off the bounce, and a solid dish inside for a layup. Glad to see he got some early PT, more to come.

Reactions: jay moe

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
anyone with any insights on georges now that he is hurt? I think this pretty much indicates this will be his last nba contract especially with who the pacers acquired. sucks.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Should have put Thomas in during crunch time.