Where will Monte go in tonight's NBA Draft?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Late first round. NBA mock drafts are ridiculously inaccurate. Royce wasn't even on anyone's mock draft board(even the 2nd round) until a few days before the draft. These mock drafts are dumb. He will go late in the first and you all will go insane.

I wouldn't complain. :)

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Hey Timberwolves fans, remember when you took two different PGs back to back and passed on Steph Curry? LOL.
Hey dandy remember the reason they did that? Curry said he would refuse to play there (via dell) Rubio had said he probably wouldn't come to the US and they had to take a pg. they couldn't take 2 pg and none ever play for them so they chose the 2 safest players at pg.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I think Monte should go end first Rd but prob be mid 2nd..

He won't go undrafted. Smart, consistent, PG's who don't turn ball over, that have a high bball IQ, and also run pick and roll to perfection are not all that easy to come by.

There are more athletic PGs..bettter scoring PGs, better defensive PGs, but not a lot who do everything just pretty darn well and do not turn the ball over.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Monte will definitely get drafted. In Chad Ford's most recent mock draft he had Monte going to the Bulls in the second round which was interesting.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Monte will definitely get drafted. In Chad Ford's most recent mock draft he had Monte going to the Bulls in the second round which was interesting.
I hope he doesn't go to Chicago. He will get absolutely crucified from day 1 - Fred bringing in his own guy rather than what is best for the team. They would say it even if he was what the team needed.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I hope he doesn't go to Chicago. He will get absolutely crucified from day 1 - Fred bringing in his own guy rather than what is best for the team. They would say it even if he was what the team needed.

No doubt, that would be a bad situation for Monte. The Bulls fans hate the Iowa State connections they have. It would be bad for Fred too, but I care less about that.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I hope so as well! I live in the D.C. area and would love to see him live again. Wall needs a good backup to give him rest and Monte would make a perfect backup PG that could contribute good minutes.

I don't see him going to Washington. They just traded for Tim Frazier to back up Wall.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Will he get drafted? the NBA is stupid on freshman potential, I hate it, Monte is a great floor general. Mason going before him is just dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Do have a pretty deep roster so if he sticks with nuggets it will be with the G league atleast for a season. Could be a trade coming though so we'll see what happens. Still glad to see another ISU player get drafted though :)