Where will Monte go in tonight's NBA Draft?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey Dandy remember when you should shut the hell up!? Those days are in the past. Give me playoffs this year, 7 seed.

They play three miles from me and I cannot even bother watching. Sad, because they have some young talent but still suck every year. And Karl-Anthony Towns is one cool young dude.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If Monte gets drafted, makes a squad and actually plays I may have to watch some NBA again. Watched zero games this year but Morris could change that, or maybe Georges at some point.

Not excited about New Orleans although it might be a playing time opportunity. New Orleans ain't no kinda city to live in especially for a young northern man. It's just a sad broken place unless you grew up there and have some ties to it.
I get why people have gotten turned off by the NBA over the past 10 years or so, whenever I talk with my dad about his thoughts on it, he always makes good points that I can't really argue with.

But, I think if there is a time to appreciate good basketball players, the NBA is in prime form now. I don't think it will ever get out of the looming shadow of "no-travelling" "constant flopping" persona it has taken on, but if you watch the right games, this is some of the best basketball ever being played by some of these teams.

And on top of that, I think Monte has a good shot at sticking on a team as a back up PG. Hopefully Abdel will get the call up this year as well!

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and Macloney

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
They play three miles from me and I cannot even bother watching. Sad, because they have some young talent but still suck every year. And Karl-Anthony Towns is one cool young dude.
They won't next year, I promise you. I went to 5 games last year, and I think It's worth going to a Twolves game because the tickets are cheap, there is good young talent, and what the hell else are you gonna do on a Tuesday in December in Minnesota!?

IllinoisClone

Feb 1, 2017
Actually Monte being drafted by the Lakers is not out of the question even if they take Lonzo Ball. They just traded Russell to the Nets and rumor has been that Clarkson may be traded to the Pacers for Paul George. That would leave the Lakers without the 2 guys that played point last year.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
The Twolves lost a ton of leads in the 4th quarter last year. I think at one point they led the league in that category. I think part of that is just experience.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They won't next year, I promise you. I went to 5 games last year, and I think It's worth going to a Twolves game because the tickets are cheap, there is good young talent, and what the hell else are you gonna do on a Tuesday in December in Minnesota!?

I hope so because if they could at least be a playoff team I'd watch some but after decades of them sucking i am not going to watch them just play and lose anymore. They have had one notable season in 28 years and always seem to find a way to lose. :( I thought they would be playoffing this year and then they started off like they might only win 20 all season. Woof!

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I hope so because if they could at least be a playoff team I'd watch some but after decades of them sucking i am not going to watch them just play and lose anymore. They have had one notable season in 28 years and always seem to find a way to lose. :( I thought they would be playoffing this year and then they started off like they might only win 20 all season. Woof!
The transition from any coaches coaching style to Tommy Thibs' isn't going to be a completely fluid one. he does it his way, and makes his players buy in. I think (hope) it was just the buffer period of the two new sides, then they made some strides in the middle of the season. Then Lavine and Beli got hurt, and it just kinda crumbled around them. I think this is when it clicks. But you're right in cautious optimism is about all any TWolves fan should proceed with

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Since most people have heard of Monte, he has a name that you can actually pronounce, and he stayed all 4 years in school to get his degree, my bet is he wont even get drafted.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Since most people have heard of Monte, he has a name that you can actually pronounce, and he stayed all 4 years in school to get his degree, my bet is he wont even get drafted.
One advantage he has is his young age. The NBA has a really pathetic age bias and Monte is young for his class so he doesn't have the age vs four years of college working against him.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Since he's a second-round pick, I don't have any comfort level here. The second round just seems very unpredictable.

I'm with you here. I was very pleasantly surprised that both Georges and Abdul were drafted last year, but after watching guys like Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane go undrafted in previous years I refuse to get my hopes up too much.

And if, God forbid, Monte does go undrafted I can keep on completely ignoring the NBA, at least during the regular season.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I predict that if Monte doesn't get drafted and some fans dare to express disappointment or disbelief over it, other fans will do the typical Iowa state thing and explain to us how unsurprising it is and how bad of s player Monte is.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Part of this is just bad luck as far as timing is concerned. Monte just happens to be in a draft that features a ton of PG prospects; six of the first ten picks alone could be point guards.

Last edited:

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Late first round. NBA mock drafts are ridiculously inaccurate. Royce wasn't even on anyone's mock draft board(even the 2nd round) until a few days before the draft. These mock drafts are dumb. He will go late in the first and you all will go insane.