Game of Thrones Season 7

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This is why I think Arya kills Littlefinger.
dagger-compressed.jpg

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I feel like his meddling is less selfish than most. It seems like hes a dickhead schemer, but I think overall his agenda is more noble. Like hes waiting for the next "Old King" to be crowned.
He indicated in the earlier seasons that his goal was to sit on the Iron Throne. But I think since he has met Dany, and become an advisor with Tyrion, his motive has changed somewhat and mores-o to the "noble" side that you are talking. Who knows if that is truly genuine or not, but it seems to be

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My daughter is finally getting interested in Harry Potter, and it helped remind me how well David Bradley plays a greasy unlikable character (Filch/Frey)

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So internet theory says Varys is a Targ and shaves his head to hide the white Targ hair.

Thoughts?
The only head scratcher for me is, Varys says he cares about "The Realm" but blew the whistle on Rayghar's plans to remove his father from the throne due to his insanity/cruelty. In a way, he had a huge part in the realm being in chaos.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Can Arya use the face of a living person or only the dead?
Who knows. The House of Black and White used Aryas face in the temple when she went blind and she was still alive.
I think the show has kinda stepped on it's tail in regards to this "magic", they are supposed to be just faces of the people who have died by the "gift" of the Many-Faced God. But they have had people change in to living characters in the show, like State said.

• Informative
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
The only head scratcher for me is, Varys says he cares about "The Realm" but blew the whistle on Rayghar's plans to remove his father from the throne due to his insanity/cruelty. In a way, he had a huge part in the realm being in chaos.

In the books, like in the show, he conspired with Illyrio Mopatis. The show was more consistent for Dany. The books it was for Young Griff/Aegon Targaryen. There is a rumor this Aegon Targaryen isn't a Targaryen and is an impostor or from the Blackfyre (offshoot) line of the Targaryens.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
In the books, like in the show, he conspired with Illyrio Mopatis. The show was more consistent for Dany. The books it was for Young Griff/Aegon Targaryen. There is a rumor this Aegon Targaryen isn't a Targaryen and is an impostor or from the Blackfyre (offshoot) line of the Targaryens.
Yeah, in the books Varys is bought into Griff, and thinks that Dany is a tool to advance Griff's position. I kinda liked that storyline in the books, but couldn't see where it would eventually go, and where it would end. Although I do have my theories

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The Night's king will take his rightful place on the iron throne.
I would probably respond "no freaking way" but the writers and GRRM have been quoting saying something along the lines of "not every story has a happy ending" so you could be totally right.