MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I've been saying this awhile, but he is going to be the first young player for the Cubs to fall apart, better get rid of him now. Send him to some AL team and get a pitcher back, you will be better off.

No way!!!!!! You can't get rid of Babe Ruth!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've been saying this awhile, but he is going to be the first young player for the Cubs to fall apart, better get rid of him now. Send him to some AL team and get a pitcher back, you will be better off.

I don't think they are at that point yet. His good so far in his career has outweighed the bad. Now, once you feel comfortable in what you have between Almora and Happ in the outfield you may need one to be the odd man out...

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I don't think they are at that point yet. His good so far in his career has outweighed the bad. Now, once you feel comfortable in what you have between Almora and Happ in the outfield you may need one to be the odd man out...

That's the thing, Schwarber is basically positionless in this Cubs team. You have your catcher, Schwarber is NOT an outfielder, and you can't DH him, which is probably where he would be best suited. I'm sure Happy would provide much better defense in the out filed to make up for th drop in offense.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Once Happ's .ISO starts to drop I think he will be headed back to Des Moines too. He spends a lot of time looking terribly overmatched at the plate and at some point his HR/FB rate is going to start to come back to earth.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I didn't see who the poster was until after but really thought this was a ChodeClone post, but the lack of exclamation marks gave it away.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
That's the thing, Schwarber is basically positionless in this Cubs team. You have your catcher, Schwarber is NOT an outfielder, and you can't DH him, which is probably where he would be best suited. I'm sure Happy would provide much better defense in the out filed to make up for th drop in offense.

Schwarber won't ever win a Gold Glove, but he can have a career in the outfield. It's his bat that needs work right now.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Lobby hard to add the DH to the NL!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
No, you guys are good enough now, don't need to give you more options.
giphy.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just looked up Rizzo's splits batting leadoff this year:

35 AB
.371/.439/.829
4 HR
2 doubles
1 triple
9 runs
10 RBI
5 BB and 5 K

If he keeps hitting anywhere near that pace I don't see why you just don't keep riding the hot bat as long as you can. It seems odd not having one of your 2 best power hitters not hitting 3 or 4 but the move so far seems to not only sparked Rizzo but the offense in general.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Just looked up Rizzo's splits batting leadoff this year:

35 AB
.371/.439/.829
4 HR
2 doubles
1 triple
9 runs
10 RBI
5 BB and 5 K

If he keeps hitting anywhere near that pace I don't see why you just don't keep riding the hot bat as long as you can. It seems odd not having one of your 2 best power hitters not hitting 3 or 4 but the move so far seems to not only sparked Rizzo but the offense in general.
Agree

Just keep putting solid hitters in the 9 holes and it plays like Rizzo is the 2 hitter in most situations.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Yep, score one in the Top half of the first and turn around and promptly give up 3.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron