MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Picking up from some posts in the Twin's thread, what are your "checkpoints" during the season for your fav team?

My milestones are end of April, end of May, All-Star break and sometime between mid-August and September.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Washington: Jason Wirth's hair and beard are reaching even more epic proportions after a winter of more growth :rolleyes:.[/QUOTE]

MLB having a little-known contest with winner getting the lead in Jesus Christ Superstar, all the others, (and there are many), to get roles in the re-release of Hair, (the musical).

On a more serious b-ball note, do the Dodgers have yet another Rookie of the Year? Bellinger missed almost all of April and still has left the yard 10 times already.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Harper vs Strickland. I am 100% on Harper's side. Strickland seems butt hurt about getting pwned by this great hitter in the past, not to mention Strickland has a history of a bad temper and throwing at guys. Bryce Harper is a guy I'd kill to have on my favorite team. This guy has passion and you can tell he cares about winning every game he plays and just isn't in it for the good money professional ball players make. I'm not bothered one bit by Harper charging and going bazerk on this wannabe. Good for you Bryce.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mike Trout out with thumb surgery needed. Maybe 6-8 weeks. That sucks, dudes an awesome talent to watch.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Picking up from some posts in the Twin's thread, what are your "checkpoints" during the season for your fav team?

My milestones are end of April, end of May, All-Star break and sometime between mid-August and September.
Whenever the Cubs have a 3+ game division lead, I'll have my 1st check point.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Cueto finally got his mojo back
Harper vs Strickland. I am 100% on Harper's side. Strickland seems butt hurt about getting pwned by this great hitter in the past, not to mention Strickland has a history of a bad temper and throwing at guys. Bryce Harper is a guy I'd kill to have on my favorite team. This guy has passion and you can tell he cares about winning every game he plays and just isn't in it for the good money professional ball players make. I'm not bothered one bit by Harper charging and going bazerk on this wannabe. Good for you Bryce.

Was watching the game, but had been away from the tv when Homer (Strickland) first threw that pitch. Looked up just in time to see Harper awkwardly chucking his helmet while charging the mound. I had forgotten all about Harper's home runs off Strickland three seasons ago (dude, we WON the series - get over it). Once that backstory was refreshed during the broadcast, I was thinking, "Oh, ok. That's what's going on here." Then to see Homer's smug post-game comments, it made me think, "Yeah, I don't have a huge problem with it." I think it still shows a level of immaturity on Harper's part, but Homer's pretty much a d**k in general. Will be interesting to see how MLB hands out their 'punishments' for the incident.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Cueto finally got his mojo back

Was watching the game, but had been away from the tv when Homer (Strickland) first threw that pitch. Looked up just in time to see Harper awkwardly chucking his helmet while charging the mound. I had forgotten all about Harper's home runs off Strickland three seasons ago (dude, we WON the series - get over it). Once that backstory was refreshed during the broadcast, I was thinking, "Oh, ok. That's what's going on here." Then to see Homer's smug post-game comments, it made me think, "Yeah, I don't have a huge problem with it." I think it still shows a level of immaturity on Harper's part, but Homer's pretty much a d**k in general. Will be interesting to see how MLB hands out their 'punishments' for the incident.

I was listening to MLB and Maddog Radio today and I didn't hear one Giants fan stand up for Strickland. I didn't think of this yesterday but Posey not even coming out to stop Harper in addition to Bochey's comments about it yesterday says the team doesn't really respect Strickland. The punishments for this will be interesting.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rockies tie their longest losing streak of season at 3. Previous was 3 straight losses to the Nats which is understandable, but 3 in a row to Seattle who came into the series 8 games under .500 is sad.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankee ramblings:

My love ya man, you're washed up, love ya man, you're washed up, ah hell I love you again with C.C. Sabathia continues.

Aaron Hicks, my favorite ex-Twin, just drove in 3 and is hitting .303 with 27 RBI. Jacoby Glassbury can stay on the DL for awhile.

Chris Carter is likely to get an outright release by the All-Star break.

Damn, I hate having TWO teams in this division that play in ******* domes. I hate ******* domes and the ******* plastic **** they call grass. **** Allen had it right when he said "If a cow can't eat it, I don't want to play on it."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Aaron Judge opposite field upper deck shot. Damn, dog, you're the real deal.

I think maybe Holiday is a good influence. Great free agent signing.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just watched Jason Grillis in relief for the Jays give up 4 solo homers in the 8th. Woof. Three back to back to back.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
So, what the heck is up with Houston?!? They're 41-16 on the season and have a 13.5 game lead on their closest division rivals (the Angels and Mariners). Do they hold on all season and win their first ever World Series title? I always used to follow them cuz I liked watching Craig Biggio play. I don't pay as much attention these days without him or Bagwell on the roster, unless they're playing a series with Oakland. Any way you look at it, a remarkable run so far this year.