Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The guy was the best player in the world 4 years after the cheating scandal broke so you're wrong. It sure didn't help him but his back is why he hasn't been good at golf for 4 years.
I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but I'll assume it is. Regardless, Tigers fall began before the cheating scandal. His last major win was more than a year before that came out. It might of taken him 4-5 years before someone else passed him, but all that shows is how hard he owned the game of golf...

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
The thing that bothers me on this - if you have Tiger $, why would you ever drive anywhere if you had a drink or pills. I would have a personal driver 100% of the time - just so this would never happen or even worse.

also, If you are not out having drinks - why are you driving around at 3am?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He's won zero majors since driving into that tree.

True, yet he was still number one in the world and he was POY in 2013. Sure, there was a fall from the point where he was winning 50% of the tournaments he was entering but that was bound to happen no matter what. I think the fact he couldn't really practice for years was a bigger deal. Call me crazy.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The thing that bothers me on this - if you have Tiger $, why would you ever drive anywhere if you had a drink or pills. I would have a personal driver 100% of the time - just so this would never happen or even worse.

He has had pretty bad insomnia issues in the past as Wright Thompson noted and I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend probably isn't easy for him. I think he probably drank with some pain killers, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were proven through blood test that it was prescription stuff relating to his back and he was just out and about because he can't do anything else. Rory has talked about Tiger texting him while in the gym at 3 in the morning. He obviously can't spend that time there anymore.

• Disagree
Reactions: GM4ISU

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

That was my initial thought as well. I would imagine the issue is a trust one. If he was out doing anything even remotely questionable at 3 AM, I imagine he would be cautious of having anyone know what he was up to, driver included. That's about all I can think of for why someone who is a millionaire several times over couldn't spring for someone to drive him home.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

"Sleep Driving", much like sleep walking, sleep eating, is a real thing. Sleep aids, such as Ambien have been linked to these things. People are capable of getting in a car and driving, without realizing it, when on the stuff.

I have no idea if he's taking something like that, but Tre mentions he does have insomnia issues, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is. Remember Urban Meyer had a serious health scare, and the sleep aid was deemed a contributing factor.

Reactions: heitclone

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
He has had pretty bad insomnia issues in the past as Wright Thompson noted and I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend probably isn't easy for him. I think he probably drank with some pain killers, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were proven through blood test that it was prescription stuff relating to his back and he was just out and about because he can't do anything else. Rory has talked about Tiger texting him while in the gym at 3 in the morning. He obviously can't spend that time there anymore.

It was a week or two ago he said he was not able to twist for 2-3 more months. I had back surgery a few months back and I could do a damn thing for 2 months afterwards and he is on his 4th. I cannot image what he is going through on the rehab.

This whole thing is weird, he's a smart guy worth a billion dollars - if i was in that bad of shape, i would ensure i had 24 hour care to ensure nothing bad happened to me.

I'm not a fan of the guy and I wouldn't be shocked if his addicted to pain pills and then had a few drinks and made a bad decision to go out. He has a very addictive personality in everything he has done in life - golf, working out, ladies. Now 2/3 are gone from him - which leads into a possible tailspin.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I agree but Tiger was the second biggest dbag of most all athletes only second to OJ. Maybe it's the sport though. Alot of those golf people act better than all of us.
Ok, here's 700 Million dollars and a cell phone full of Playboy playmates on speed dial. Let's see how wholesome you are.......

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
And many also have huge back issues and burn out in their 20s. Tiger could have been juicing, I don't know, but if he was, he wasn't working out and lifting as much as everyone around him has always said. The guy wasn't very big at all and his transformation was hardly something incomprehensible considering his regimen. I just don't buy the Balco deal. I buy that his golf swing has always been fairly violent and he did really stupid things like 4 mile runs with combat boots, kill house exercises, and powerlifting that wasn't necessary which is what triggered the last back issue.

yep, was Fred Couples a steroid user too?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It was a week or two ago he said he was not able to twist for 2-3 more months. I had back surgery a few months back and I could do a damn thing for 2 months afterwards and he is on his 4th. I cannot image what he is going through on the rehab.

This whole thing is weird, he's a smart guy worth a billion dollars - if i was in that bad of shape, i would ensure i had 24 hour care to ensure nothing bad happened to me.

I'm not a fan of the guy and I wouldn't be shocked if his addicted to pain pills and then had a few drinks and made a bad decision to go out. He has a very addictive personality in everything he has done in life - golf, working out, ladies. Now 2/3 are gone from him - which leads into a possible tailspin.

Dead on. Police report shows he blew zeroes so it looks like he was telling the truth there.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's on a bunch of different **** right now and it's very possible he got prescribed something new and hadn't mixed different drugs and this is what happened. Reading from the police report, it seems like he was completely out of it.

I do agree, though, that I wouldn't be shocked to find out he was addicted to pain pills. I mean, he's probably been legally on them for most of the last decade.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
I agree but Tiger was the second biggest dbag of most all athletes only second to OJ. Maybe it's the sport though. Alot of those golf people act better than all of us.

I volunteered at the Ryder Cup last fall and had the opportunity to drive Tiger back to his hotel from the golf course, about a 30 min ride. Out of all the golfers and staff I drove, he was the most genuine. Most sat in the back seat, but Tiger sat up front with me. We had an amazing conversion, and it was interesting to get a glimpse into his mind. The dude is crazy smart and very calculated. I am biased and a big tiger fan, but I respectfully disagree with your dbag comment.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We was found asleep in his car, correct? So not driving. And where was his car found?
He refused all field tests.
He blew .000 at the station but the officer smelled alcohol.

Reactions: Scott34