Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
OJ killed two people, so probably that.

Prove it.

091012_al_court_640.jpg

:jimlad:

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Like I mentioned in post #30, the question was who had the "bigger" fall from greatness not the "worst". Its not about what you did to fall from greatness, but how far you fell.
Obviously, a DUI and cheating on your spouse are no big deal compared to murder and rape. But the distance Tiger fell ranks right up there at the top.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I still just don't see Tiger as fallen yet.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I still just don't see Tiger as fallen yet.

Judging by that mugshot he's not doing great.

Maybe the comparisons should be greatest athlete/celeb mugshots if Nick Nolte wouldn't win going away.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Driving drunk is a terrible thing to do, but just getting a DUI doesn't put Tiger on the level of those guys. Matt Thomas got a DUI for christsakes.

Plus, Tiger was better than all of those guys at his sport.

You could argue that Tiger was better at his sport than OJ and I would probably buy it, although OJ was 5x all-pro, a league MVP and Hall of Famer. Lance was, until caught his sports GOAT. Tiger was close, but he was always chasing Jack, Lance wasn't chasing anyone in his sport.

Also, is golf really a sport? I mean, some guys on the Tour smoke during their rounds, I guess you could technically smoke during any sport though.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Driving drunk is a terrible thing to do, but just getting a DUI doesn't put Tiger on the level of those guys. Matt Thomas got a DUI for christsakes.

Yeah, that was my issue. On the list of bad things that have gone on, I'm guessing he's putting this at about 8th, behind every surgery, the cheating thing and his dad dying. People making this out to be some huge issue indicating his entire life is in shambles is the problem. For all I know it could be but a DUI could be gotten by anyone, especially on a holiday weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Well hope he turns his life around, it happens a lot to a lot of different folks, just glad it didn't end with a tragic accident.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

You could argue that Tiger was better at his sport than OJ and I would probably buy it, although OJ was 5x all-pro, a league MVP and Hall of Famer. Lance was, until caught his sports GOAT. Tiger was close, but he was always chasing Jack, Lance wasn't chasing anyone in his sport.

Also, is golf really a sport? I mean, some guys on the Tour smoke during their rounds, I guess you could technically smoke during any sport though.

He also ran for 2,000 yards in 14 games -- the only man to ever do that. That is over 142 yards per game; he maybe had the best individual season by a RB in football history.

Reactions: Macloney

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Golf is something I see pro athletes play really badly...personally it's something I think looks impossible to get good in compared to the other major sports.

A family friend many moons ago was friends with Raymond Barry...said they went and met all the Colts players after a game and Johnny U and Co. were basically all having a cig and beers like it was just like any other job.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Tiger fell from grace long before this. Had to do with getting involved with various pieces of white trash employed at places like Perkins, night clubs, and the like. Under ordinary circumstances, while I might give a WTF glance, I'd say "you do you", except the dude cheated on his wife and kids and that makes him a grade A scumbag. There's a reason Derek Jeter stayed single during his playing days: on a road trip he could get it on with whomever he wanted with zero repercussions. Now that he's retired, he's doing the family thing. Instead, Tiger decided to portray himself as the "family man" while banging the trash of society. What's worse is the revelation of this chain of events coincided with his career going in the shitter - he has been garbage on the golf course ever since.

Granted, cheating on your family with white trash isn't on the same level as murdering people, but I'm just saying that's when Tiger fell from grace.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Tiger fell from grace long before this. Had to do with getting involved with various pieces of white trash employed at places like Perkins, night clubs, and the like. Under ordinary circumstances, while I might give a WTF glance, I'd say "you do you", except the dude cheated on his wife and kids and that makes him a grade A scumbag. There's a reason Derek Jeter stayed single during his playing days: on a road trip he could get it on with whomever he wanted with zero repercussions. Now that he's retired, he's doing the family thing. Instead, Tiger decided to portray himself as the "family man" while banging the trash of society. What's worse is the revelation of this chain of events coincided with his career going in the shitter - he has been garbage on the golf course ever since.

Granted, cheating on your family with white trash isn't on the same level as murdering people, but I'm just saying that's when Tiger fell from grace.

The guy was the best player in the world 4 years after the cheating scandal broke so you're wrong. It sure didn't help him but his back is why he hasn't been good at golf for 4 years.

• Optimistic
Reactions: dosry5

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

There are also some rumors about a Balco connection and the effects that may have had on his body's inexplicable collapse in a sport where many play into their 60's and beyond.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
There are also some rumors about a Balco connection and the effects that may have had on his body's inexplicable collapse in a sport where many play into their 60's and beyond.

And many also have huge back issues and burn out in their 20s. Tiger could have been juicing, I don't know, but if he was, he wasn't working out and lifting as much as everyone around him has always said. The guy wasn't very big at all and his transformation was hardly something incomprehensible considering his regimen. I just don't buy the Balco deal. I buy that his golf swing has always been fairly violent and he did really stupid things like 4 mile runs with combat boots, kill house exercises, and powerlifting that wasn't necessary which is what triggered the last back issue.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Was it really? Could be a lot of things, but Ambien wouldn't surprise me at all. IMO, that is a drug that shouldn't be made available.

Not at all arguing, just an FYI - Ambien by itself is usually not a big problem. I was on it when dealing with some very extreme sleep issues, and it's the only way that I was able to sleep at all. There are situations like that when it's crucial to well-being.

It usually only becomes a problem when mixed with alcohol that it becomes an issue. There are exceptions to this, but the gross majority of people don't have issues unless mixing it.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
And many also have huge back issues and burn out in their 20s. Tiger could have been juicing, I don't know, but if he was, he wasn't working out and lifting as much as everyone around him has always said. The guy wasn't very big at all and his transformation was hardly something incomprehensible considering his regimen. I just don't buy the Balco deal. I buy that his golf swing has always been fairly violent and he did really stupid things like 4 mile runs with combat boots, kill house exercises, and powerlifting that wasn't necessary which is what triggered the last back issue.

Everything that Galea and the BALCO circle has said about baseball has turned out to be true, why wouldn't what they say about Tiger be true?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I think I have these news releases correct:
  • the arresting officer detected the smell of alcohol.
  • Tiger refused a field sobriety test.
  • unconfirmed if another person was in the car.
  • no arrest report has been released to news media / public.
  • tiger was released, without posting bond, on his 'own recognizance' .
Have charges been filed, and what are the charges? Tiger's statement says he realizes the severity of his actions and will <sic> 'do everything in his power to assure it never happens again'.....what does that mean - that he won't take pain meds and drive again? I have to believe it was medication; if indeed it was something like Oxy, or other pain meds. I would hope he's smart enough to at least avoid mixing booze with those drug combos.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Everything that Galea and the BALCO circle has said about baseball has turned out to be true, why wouldn't what they say about Tiger be true?

Well Galea isn't BALCO, first of all. There is zero contention that Tiger was treated by Galea, who did a lot of medical treatments that were completely legal.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't know if it's true for Ambien but I was told that if you drive after tak
I think I have these news releases correct:
  • the arresting officer detected the smell of alcohol.
  • Tiger refused a field sobriety test.
  • unconfirmed if another person was in the car.
  • no arrest report has been released to news media / public.
  • tiger was released, without posting bond, on his 'own recognizance' .
Have charges been filed, and what are the charges? Tiger's statement says he realizes the severity of his actions and will <sic> 'do everything in his power to assure it never happens again'.....what does that mean - that he won't take pain meds and drive again? I have to believe it was medication; if indeed it was something like Oxy, or other pain meds. I would hope he's smart enough to at least avoid mixing booze with those drug combos.

Rosaforte, who lives in the area confirmed the stuff in Tiger's release by way of his own sources. I don't know what that exactly means, technically, but he also said some other reports that had come out were wrong. A report will be released tomorrow when the record people are back to work.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don't know if it's true for Ambien but I was told that if you drive after tak

Rosaforte, who lives in the area confirmed the stuff in Tiger's release by way of his own sources. I don't know what that exactly means, technically, but he also said some other reports that had come out were wrong. A report will be released tomorrow when the record people are back to work.

Did you take Ambien prior to the first half of this post? Kinda stopped there.