Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Would be a good debate vs Lance Armstrong, OJ, Joe Paterno, and Oscar Pistorius.

Yes, would be a great debate to see had a bigger fallout. Hell of a battle between the guy that got caught cheating, was then injured and *gasp* then got an OWI vs a guy who completely cheated his sport and ruined many lives, 2 different killers, and a guy who enabled child rape for years.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yes, would be a great debate to see had a bigger fallout. Hell of a battle between the guy that got caught cheating, was then injured and *gasp* then got an OWI vs a guy who completely cheated his sport and ruined many lives, 2 different killers, and a guy who enabled child rape for years.
Easy killer, I'm a huge Tiger fan.

That being said, falls from greatness shouldn't be who did the worst thing to fall back down, but how high they were at one point and how far they fell. Not really what caused them to fall.
And for the record, I'll stand up for Lance Armstrong too. 99% of the cyclists on Tour were doing the same things Lance was. He was just the one under a microscope because he was always winning. Call it cheating or whatever, but he was also beating other cheaters.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

isu83

May 5, 2010
Easy killer, I'm a huge Tiger fan.

That being said, falls from greatness shouldn't be who did the worst thing to fall back down, but how high they were at one point and how far they fell. Not really what caused them to fall.
And for the record, I'll stand up for Lance Armstrong too. 99% of the cyclists on Tour were doing the same things Lance was. He was just the one under a microscope because he was always winning. Call it cheating or whatever, but he was also beating other cheaters.
I agree but Tiger was the second biggest dbag of most all athletes only second to OJ. Maybe it's the sport though. Alot of those golf people act better than all of us.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Driving drunk is a terrible thing to do, but just getting a DUI doesn't put Tiger on the level of those guys. Matt Thomas got a DUI for christsakes.

Plus, Tiger was better than all of those guys at his sport.
Like I mentioned in post #30, the question was who had the "bigger" fall from greatness not the "worst". Its not about what you did to fall from greatness, but how far you fell.
Obviously, a DUI and cheating on your spouse are no big deal compared to murder and rape. But the distance Tiger fell ranks right up there at the top.

And to address the second part of your post:
Exactly why he ranks near the top of one of the "bigger" falls from greatness. He was ranked so high for so long to basically nothing. For his sake, he can still climb back up if he ever gets healthy but those are odds are slim to none.

Reactions: Doc