Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boxster hope you didn't get blown away. More work and graduation receptions for me.

#fatcorgi excuses, dude. ;)

Wasn't as bad as I thought although per the ride app the same mile out with the wind was 16.2 mph and the return into wind was 11.5 mph for the same mile. Dat windy. o_O

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Going to the dam this morning. Debating placing a bet or two at a sports book just can't decide what on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I just used vice grips and my teeth to open a fresh gallon of milk. Vise grips for the well-glued cap, and teeth for that stupid "dorsal fin" safety liner.

Lotta work for a bowl of cereal.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I just used vice grips and my teeth to open a fresh gallon of milk. Vise grips for the well-glued cap, and teeth for that stupid "dorsal fin" safety liner.

Lotta work for a bowl of cereal.
I guess it depends on what kind of cereal

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Going to the dam this morning. Debating placing a bet or two at a sports book just can't decide what on.

I found it both fascinating and horrifying when they took us down under/bottom of dam and when I asked about the obvious leakage running down the rock, they are like yeah it leaks 10,000 gallons a day. I really wanted to go back above ground then

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I found it both fascinating and horrifying when they took us down under/bottom of dam and when I asked about the obvious leakage running down the rock, they are like yeah it leaks 10,000 gallons a day. I really wanted to go back above ground then

Yeah that sounds like a lot but it still a big area.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I haven't posted on CF in months and it's probably almost been a year since I Iast talked to you guys. Hope everything has been well.

I finished up my first year of grad school a couple weeks ago. The semester ended in early April but I took a 4 week night class in Des Moines. I had a way busy semester with 21 credits. I'm taking a summer class and going to California before fall classes start so I can have an easy fall semester and graduate in December.

I went to China over spring break for a study abroad trip. I walked the Great Wall and did a bunch of other cool things. I was in Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou.

I'm no longer going to die alone like I thought. I have a great girlfriend. We started dating in early December.

That's about all that's happened to me.

I thought we were going to have to do a wellness check on you. I noticed I haven't seen you post in a long time. Good to hear all is well.

Reactions: VikesFan22

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
#fatcorgi excuses, dude. ;)

Wasn't as bad as I thought although per the ride app the same mile out with the wind was 16.2 mph and the return into wind was 11.5 mph for the same mile. Dat windy. o_O
I put down a few bags of mulch on Sunday. I had two of the empty bags lying on the ground. A wind gust came up and blew the bags across the neighbor's yard, I ran after them and, as I was running, the wind changed direction and blew them right past me and back into my yard.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Lots of fresh-faced young folk wandering around campus today, in various combinations with moms, dads & siblings. Makes me smile. :)

We have swim lessons on campus next week. I usually walk around campus with the youngest while the 6yr old is in her lessons (because sitting in the viewing deck at Forker is like sitting in the Devil's Humid Oven). I always want to stop and offer them help if they are walking around with a map. ;)

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have swim lessons on campus next week. I usually walk around campus with the youngest while the 6yr old is in her lessons (because sitting in the viewing deck at Forker is like sitting in the Devil's Humid Oven). I always want to stop and offer them help if they are walking around with a map. ;)
My office door has a magnetic "hold" and it's always open, and I'm close to the external building doors. I get a lot of lost lambs in here. :)
What I love is when the department recruiter comes along with a herd, and she describes what we do here, and as they move on, everyone peers into my office. I've always wondered what the reaction would be if I hopped up on my desk and started hooting like a monkey. :D

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
My office door has a magnetic "hold" and it's always open, and I'm close to the external building doors. I get a lot of lost lambs in here. :)
What I love is when the department recruiter comes along with a herd, and she describes what we do here, and as they move on, everyone peers into my office. I've always wondered what the reaction would be if I hopped up on my desk and started hooting like a monkey. :D
HAH! You'd be hooting like an ape since you are a pongid! You're getting tricky on a Monday am feeling Tuesday am, aren't you?

Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Third weekend of soccer tournaments in a row has now been completed. After two weekends of losing in the championship games, they finally got over the hump and won the last one! Really fun game, too. It was decided by a golden goal in extra time against a team in a higher division.

Status
Not open for further replies.