Movie talk time: Passengers (sci-fi)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Looks like a mix of the Martian meets Wayward Pines.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'll watch it when it gets to video.

I have to REALLY love a movie to see it in the theater. Or it has to be a movie for my kids.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I heard a synopsis on a podcast a while back for this movie that gave away entirely too much of the plot.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I heard a synopsis on a podcast a while back for this movie that gave away entirely too much of the plot.
Could you point me the way to the podcast? As a broke college student I can't afford to go to every movie so I want to know if it would really be worth my time.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im sure it will be great. Im just suffering a smidge of JL fatigue.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I've heard Oscar buzz about this movie, and the trailer looks pretty darn good. Definitely planning on seeing this when it comes out.

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneNorth

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I really liked the film. Chris Pratt had to make a tough decision, one I would have made as well had I been in that situation.

It had so much more potential. Someone with some creativity needed to get a hold of the script and rewrite it.

The first hour was slow and the last half hour was just ridiculously horribly written IMO. So much more potential than what became of it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I really liked the film. Chris Pratt had to make a tough decision, one I would have made as well had I been in that situation.

It was okay. Chris Pratt was pretty good to very good in his part. What stuck with me a little is how different it was then some of the reviews dissing his character and the movie as somehow glossing over or okaying what he did. The consequences of his act was kinda the whole movie, wasn't glossed over at all. I am guessing since it had a "happy" ending and he wasn't punished enough didn't set right with people wanting to make a point rather than acknowledging it's a movie for our entertainment?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron