RECRUITING: Josh Knipfel commits

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Train wreck would be more descriptive of the OL the last years of the Rhoads era. By the end of last season, I wouldn't describe them as that.

I was thinking the same thing I liked what the OL was doing with a full time Park back there. There were certainly glimpses.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
A 24-21 win over UNI would leave me feeling VERY uneasy about the season. Yes, I'll be happy for any W, but it will definitely temper my excitement for the rest of the season, unless of course we go out and beat Iowa the following week, then it will be back again! :)

Well any victory over UNI is unexpected for me id have to start changing my annual 3-9 prediction to 4-8.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Baring significant injuries..I'd fully expect CMC and this ISu team to pound UNI like we've never pounded them before. THis staff and team realizes what happened last year..This ain't CPR era anymore. I don't think any mercy will be shown.

This is one of the biggest changes that CMC needs to instill. When ahead they have to have that killer instinct. With our history of finding a way to lose, it seems the team is just waiting for that mistake that costs them. They need to get over that hump early this coming season. The best way to do that is to get up on UNI and not take the foot off the pedal.

• Informative
Reactions: hoosman

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
This is one of the biggest changes that CMC needs to instill. When ahead they have to have that killer instinct. With our history of finding a way to lose, it seems the team is just waiting for that mistake that costs them. They need to get over that hump early this coming season. The best way to do that is to get up on UNI and not take the foot off the pedal.

We certainly didn't let up on Texas Tech last year. That was a welcome change from the Rhoads era. We stomped their dicks in the dirt and didn't stop.

It was awesome to see.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Talked to a Cyclone friend the other day who said that the difference between Campbell recruits and Rhoads recruits is significant. Campbell players are generally bigger and faster. Campbell is definitely upgrading our roster.

He told me that Campbell players are their listed size or bigger. Rhoads players were smaller than their listed size for the most part.

The players have bought in to Campbell and his philosophy. The Mental Approach concerning preparation and execution is apparent.

Exciting times ahead.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
There is a reason why CMC and stafff look for very specific type of recruits..They want kids who are willing to go above and beyond what are asked of them all season, including workouts. The workouts are a 360 degree change from CPR days.

• Agree
Reactions: Stormin

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Many of the players last Spring were saying how more demanding the off season workouts were than previous years.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
This is one of the biggest changes that CMC needs to instill. When ahead they have to have that killer instinct.

44-10. 66-10. The killer instinct exists. We will see it whenever the opportunity arises.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
There is a reason why CMC and stafff look for very specific type of recruits..They want kids who are willing to go above and beyond what are asked of them all season, including workouts. The workouts are a 360 degree change from CPR days.

I hope you mean "180 degree" change....because 360 degrees would maintain the previous heading :)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I do think Campbell takes it personally losing to UNI like we did. Same goes for the Iowa game. I look for us to try and hit both of them in the mouth right out of the tunnel.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Baring significant injuries..I'd fully expect CMC and this ISu team to pound UNI like we've never pounded them before. THis staff and team realizes what happened last year..This ain't CPR era anymore. I don't think any mercy will be shown.

I think our 2nd half of the season team would have pounded them, and this years team will be more experienced just better overall... especially on offense.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
I really want to crush UNI but prefer to beat the living hell out of the hoks and lil ferentz. Crushing them would make this year fabulous - and I don't care what BS is slung around about Tom "The Tool" Herman either- he should give thanks to ISU and ol' CPR for his start. Here's to upending the B12 and getting an invite to a conference that wants us - Pac 12 East? B10 West? ACC - I don't care as long as we dump this Titanic of a conference. Make all of these tools pay for dissing us CMC!

Reactions: cyfan21

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
How so, please explain. Honestly every time we make a change in staff, it seems we hear the same claim, "workouts are much tougher, we've really changed the S&C program, etc."

First off its a complete change in mentality and culture..all those who simply didnt want to better themselves and put in the work are now gone. A lot of the upperclassmen who are with the team last year and this said themselves that the off season training was far more intensive..and these are kids who CPR recruited and they had a relationship with. Previous regime was all gimmick..if u cant see how last year OL was then ok..We had walk ons by mid year mauling people at times. I would give anytning to have B Seda back for another year. There were times where he flat out just destroyed his man. Previous regime had zero clue on the OL. It was also announced how many kids could bench 400Lb when they got here compared to now.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio

The "killer instinct" is nice to say and I understand it, but what happens when the other team has it also. The physical and mental difference from team to team is slim when you are talking about the talented, well coached college teams. You may jump out in front by 2 or 3 scores against another good team but they fight right back and now you have to bow your neck and fight through their assault, just like they did against yours. The end result will depend on plays made, probably one on one where a matter of inches determine the outcome. Therefore, I say in the future, there may only be 2-4 games where we can just stomp on someone most of the day. I also think there will be 1-2 games where they just have our ticket and the day seems long. The other 4-7 games are the ones where every little thing decides the outcome.