Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
First of all... whatever changes you guys made a month or so ago broke the site for me on both mobile and PC. It's not faster. In fact it is slower now on both. Not to mention the constant redirects, the pop ups, you know what i'm talking about.

Anyway...

1. Fix the podcast player. It doesn't work. I had to post a thread here to ask how to listen to them. I'm sure there are many of your listeners who won't go through the trouble. It should be fixed because your podcasts are some of the best content on this site. I listen to them all. I used to be able to click the podcast, click the play button and listen. Now it's click the pod cast, click the button that is not clearly a download button (at least to my untrained eye), then PAUSE it right away otherwise you get two podcasts talking at the same time. THEN chose the download button.. wait for it to download... then click on it to open it in your PC media player.

Just my 2 cents.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUKyro

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
It seems like the site performance varies widely depending on what device someone is using. Things improved a lot for me on mobile after the changes that were made a month or so ago. Before then, I couldn't hardly make a post without the page locking up and crashing. The redirects are the only thing that are worse for me now.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
The recent changes have fixed the page locks and crashing for me as well. The podcast player is an issue: mine loads and plays the first 4 minutes of them and then completely quits.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Took me 5 minutes to read this post because site kept getting pop ups. Using Safari on iPhone.

Have never had issue with podcasts but I only listen via the Overcast app on iOS.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The recent changes have fixed the page locks and crashing for me as well. The podcast player is an issue: mine loads and plays the first 4 minutes of them and then completely quits.

I just gave up on trying to listen to them. Same play for a couple minutes then perma freeze.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Chrome on both laptop and phone. Phone freezes up every once in awhile, but overall, no issues. Must be what system(s) you use.

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
The site was really bad on mobile for me about a month ago but has been great the last few weeks. Android/Chrome.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
First of all... whatever changes you guys made a month or so ago broke the site for me on both mobile and PC. It's not faster. In fact it is slower now on both. Not to mention the constant redirects, the pop ups, you know what i'm talking about.

Anyway...

1. Fix the podcast player. It doesn't work. I had to post a thread here to ask how to listen to them. I'm sure there are many of your listeners who won't go through the trouble. It should be fixed because your podcasts are some of the best content on this site. I listen to them all. I used to be able to click the podcast, click the play button and listen. Now it's click the pod cast, click the button that is not clearly a download button (at least to my untrained eye), then PAUSE it right away otherwise you get two podcasts talking at the same time. THEN chose the download button.. wait for it to download... then click on it to open it in your PC media player.

Just my 2 cents.
Download the podcast instead if playing in browser.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Anyway...

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input.

As far as the ads go, we have statistics that show that things have not gotten worse. In fact, they are significantly better. Can you please PM me with the specs of what you are using to log on with? That will help us identify some areas where we need to work.

As far as the podcast goes, we know what is wrong. It's a Chrome/HTTP issue. Should get fixed for sure next week but it is going to require everybody to sign out/sign back in. Hopefully this will get done on Tuesday after the holiday.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Thanks for the input.

As far as the ads go, we have statistics that show that things have not gotten worse. In fact, they are significantly better. Can you please PM me with the specs of what you are using to log on with? That will help us identify some areas where we need to work.

As far as the podcast goes, we know what is wrong. It's a Chrome/HTTP issue. Should get fixed for sure next week but it is going to require everybody to sign out/sign back in. Hopefully this will get done on Tuesday after the holiday.

If I am downloading the podcast from a 3rd party app instead of iTunes, is it still giving C.F. credit for the download? Or does it even matter?