RECRUITING: Michael Jacobson has committed

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
We have outstanding talent coming in. It takes up a spot with an average player for the next three years. I just thing it's a little risky imo
Starting 56 games as a freshman and sophomore for a Big 10 school is above average. As far as player development he's yet to hit his prime. Nebraska made the investment. We get the rewards.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
If we can get a couple top 100 guys for '18, we'll be in great shape.

SR: NWB, Shayok
JR: Solo, Jacobson, Long
SO: Wiggi, Lewis, Lard

Talent at every position. I think we could use a backup PG but we're pretty set other than that depth wise everywhere. Decent balance in the classes as well as Prohm was working towards.
If we add a couple of top 100 guys for 18 (guard and wing) the Cyclones will be kissing a final four in two or three years.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Starting 56 games as a freshman and sophomore for a Big 10 school is above average. As far as player development he's yet to hit his prime. Nebraska made the investment. We get the rewards.
I agree. Don't sleep on this guy. He is a hard worker who started as a true freshman at a Big 10 school. That in itself says something. I can see Michael averaging double digit points and approximately eight boards a game as a senior. Plus from what I here, he has a great attitude and is a very unselfish player.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Upgrade over Carter and Kasongo. While Young's stats are misleading due to the role he had, Jacobson did put up better numbers than Young. I think Lard has a ton of upside, but he hasn't proven anything yet at the college level.

I don't see how anyone could think bringing in Jacobson is not good for us.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nice little story about Jacobson in the Cedar Rapids Gazette. Add Lard, Young, Shayok to the mix and the Cyclones got the muscle in the paint for 2018-2019.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...-experience-to-iowa-state-basketball-20170524

In the article Prohm says he won't bring anyone in just to fill an open spot, but why not? There is no harm in adding a grad transfer for one year versus just leaving it unfilled, correct? Unless you think you can get someone REALLY late, or a mid year transfer, right?

• Disagree
Reactions: rholtgraves

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
In the article Prohm says he won't bring anyone in just to fill an open spot, but why not? There is no harm in adding a grad transfer for one year versus just leaving it unfilled, correct? Unless you think you can get someone REALLY late, or a mid year transfer, right?
Midyear. Better to save it than get a grad transfer that probably won't contribute

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I don't think Prohm is saying he won't fill the scholly. He's saying in order for me to do that I want someone far above what I already have to make an immediate impact.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

All he's saying is that not going to bring in a guy of say, my-level talent, just to fill a scholarship. If it's a grad transfer he expects them to be good enough to play. If it's a freshmen, it's a guy he expects to contribute in a year or two.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There is no risk with Jacobson. Worst case is he is a rotational player. Best case is he works super hard during the next year and is a solid two year starter.

Jacobson is very low risk in that he has played Div I basketball for a P5 program, and has started for them quite few games. The guy can play at this level, that has already been determined.

I'm kinda surprised to hear some on here that think a starter at Nebraska is not good enough to even play a role at ISU. Not only that, but a role we definitely could use... a big strong kid that can rebound, bang inside, get garbage baskets, and can actually shoot pretty well all the way to the 3 line. Where's the risk here?

IowaState1173

Mar 14, 2017
Its as simple as this: you're a complete moron if you dont think, at this point, that Michael Jacobson is a good addition. Will he be a premier player? Of course not, but role players like him serve a purpose and are absolutely needed on winning teams.
I'll check back with you in 3 years then

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron