SATURDAY PODCAST: Football uniforms, top 5 uniforms ever

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
In no order New York Yankees(pinstripes), Dallas Cowboys(star on the helmet), St Louis Cardinals(the redbird on the jersey), Alabama Crimson Tide (the # helmets), Notre Dame (gold helmets).

Honorable mention Mighigan (the helmets with the maize and blue), San Diego Chargers (old powder blues).

Stay away from the Busch Lights Williams lol

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Love the Dog bone I jerseys. They get flamed a lot on CF. I really liked some of the combos from last year. Very simple yet sharp looking.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You know it's a slow time in sports when uniforms is the topic du jour. It's ISU fan's version of a Pete Rose hall of fame discussion.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
New White helmeRS are awesome and do is the Real GOLD color they use in it..

Our colors are not Cardinal and YELLOW!!!

CY1984

Jan 22, 2012
IOWA
New White helmeRS are awesome and do is the Real GOLD color they use in it..

Our colors are not Cardinal and YELLOW!!!
Agree 1000%. I think the reflective gold stripe on helmet is awesome. Use that color in future, not the #$@& yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think the Jack Trice throwbacks get enough love.

Amen and the modernized version that's been thrown out there has been even better.
Perhaps it's just simply too late but I'd like to see ISU have an established 'look' at some point.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Because they looked horrible and were innacurrate anyways. Trice wore yellow.

Earl Bruce era are the best colors.

I think people need to get past the fact that the Jack Trice throwbacks weren't very accurate. I agree they weren't, however, the colors of cardinal and gold that were used were SWEET IMO.

And also... the uniforms that Seneca wore in the pic above in this thread would be in my top 3 LEAST favorite ISU uniforms of all time. I'm not too excited for black, but black would be 10x better than blue IMO.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Because they looked horrible and were innacurrate anyways. Trice wore yellow.

Earl Bruce era are the best colors.

How can you not at least like the colors in these?

usatsi_7434573.jpg

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
How can you not at least like the colors in these?

usatsi_7434573.jpg

Because it looks ****ing hideous. Those are NOT our colors. Let San Francisco, Navy, Army, Notre Dame, Purdue, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Boston College, UCLA, & Washington sport that **** stain. Red & yellow is unique to solely us & Southern Cal. Own it.