***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The only silver lining of not filling the last two scholarships until June is the completion for late quality transfers like Kleiger and Coleman-Lands will be less due to a majority of teams having their rosters pretty set going into next year. Losing a guard like McNeil hurts but if your able to fill his scholarship with one of these two they'll likely be a higher contributor after sitting out (compared to Darius as soph.).

Of course a transfer this late in the game may have seen future rosters and talked through back channels thus has an idea where they would like to end up. So the advantage may not be there in the end.

I think your last paragraph is probably true most of the time. Just a guess tho.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
There's two available. They can bank one, and take a chance with the other. That still leaves 4 open for next year, assuming no attrition. That's more than enough to get the guys Prohm wants.

Some of the people saying we have to save scholarships for mid years, and spring recruiting, are the same ones constantly saying Prohm can't recruit the best transfers. So what's their argument?

I feel in today's culture we can pretty much assume attrition.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
WhyNotBoth.gif (can someone help me out here?)
c7NJRa2.gif

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Would be a real good addition. Also played at Oak Hill w/Wigginton FWIW.

Lindell led Oak Hill in scoring in 2015-2016 at 16.4 ppg followed by Kegler at 14.2 ppg. Kegler shot 54.9% from three (wow) his senior year at Oak Hill. It'd be really nice to see Prohm go after him and use the Lindell connection. Also, I'm sure Prohm thoroughly impressed Coach Smith at Oak Hill during Lindell's recruitment with his persistence and overall character. All these things could hopefully work in our favor if Kegler doesn't have a predetermined transfer destination.

http://www.oakhillhoops.com/201516statistics

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
Kegler, Shayok and Jacobson waiting in the wings for next year would be best we've had since Fred's first year. All 3 in different classes as well.
Eli Wright, former 4 star guard, also transferring from Miss St.

The beginnings of the Howland collapse? Please let Nick Weatherspoon get out of his LOI and come up here. Not happening this year, I know, but I really liked that kids game.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
I saw someone say Coleman-Lands to Indiana, I would be shocked if Underwood didn't block Big10 schools especially the team who is their biggest rival in the conference. A lot of bad blood going back to Eric Gordon

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I saw someone say Coleman-Lands to Indiana, I would be shocked if Underwood didn't block Big10 schools especially the team who is their biggest rival in the conference. A lot of bad blood going back to Eric Gordon

I'd think the transfer rules within the B10 would be a major deterrent:

Prior to 2011-12, a transfer within the league was unable to receive a scholarship and had to sit out a season. The rule was altered starting with the 2011-12 season. Now, an athlete can receive a scholarship but loses a year of eligibility in addition to sitting out a season.

If I'm reading that right he'd sit only a year but lose his RS year plus a year of eligibility in the process.

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
I'd think the transfer rules within the B10 would be a major deterrent:

Prior to 2011-12, a transfer within the league was unable to receive a scholarship and had to sit out a season. The rule was altered starting with the 2011-12 season. Now, an athlete can receive a scholarship but loses a year of eligibility in addition to sitting out a season.

If I'm reading that right he'd sit only a year but lose his RS year plus a year of eligibility in the process.
Interesting rule, I was completely unaware. Prohm needs to give Mr. Coleman-Lands a ring. Watching Illinois last year he really started to open up his game moving toward the basket and with a redshirt year he could be a real stud

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
You've got to think at the very least the Wigginton Oak Hill connection gets you in the door with Kegler. Hopefully he and Wigginton were buddies. A backcourt of Wigginton, Lewis and Kegler for three years...man...those 3 can all fill it up!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Probably would be a great fit at Butler.