Iowa Football Recruiting

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
I feel like you didn't read the article. His rankings are based on “prestige and place in the national scene". In other words, it's still heavily about program history. TCU, for instance, doesn't have the long, prestigious history, but has developed into a house-hold name.

Something Iowa State knows nothing about.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You intrigued me with this post, so I took a look at wins for each Big 10 and Big 12 program for the past 5 years (I can do more or less if you'd like). I then grouped them into 4 tiers by win total.

Tier 1: Ohio St., OU, Wisky, Baylor, Mich St, OK St.

Tier 2: KSU, Nebby, Michigan, Penn St, TCU, Iowa.

Tier 3: NW, Minnesota, WVU, Texas, Tech, Rutgers (biggest surprise, IMO).

Tier 4: Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, ISU, Purdue, KU.

I can agree with this according to the current 5 year trend. If you look at that Tier 2 list, TCU and Iowa are on it together.

My whole point of that post was to point out that the Iowa hate is clouding up the thinking of how Iowa is actually doing on the field compared to TCU.

Thanks for helping with the list. It is fun to put facts together. It makes the conversation intelligent and civil.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I can agree with this according to the current 5 year trend. If you look at that Tier 2 list, TCU and Iowa are on it together.

My whole point of that post was to point out that the Iowa hate is clouding up the thinking of how Iowa is actually doing on the field compared to TCU.

Thanks for helping with the list. It is fun to put facts together. It makes the conversation intelligent and civil.
Interesting to look at for sure. The three that surprised me the most were:

Penn St- didn't think they would be that high on the list being not too many years removed from their scandal.

Rutgers- with how bad they've been, didn't expect them higher than 4th tier. They are in a talent rich area, so if they can have successful recruiting, I could see them improving fairly quickly.

Texas- Is there a more under-performing program in the country? (USC, ND maybe?). They load up on talent every year in recruiting, but simply have not produced. I think they're in line to win some more games with Herman though.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I couldn't help myself on this. Love how KCCI arranged these articles titles. The cow article was right below the Iowa AD IT fraud article.

Capture3.JPG

And right below it:

Capture2.JPG

Guess they are referencing a lot of MVC and HawkeyeMashup posts on here from the second article.

Last edited:

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I couldn't help myself on this. Love how KCCI arranged these articles titles. The cow article was right below the Iowa AD IT fraud article.

View attachment 48037

And right below it:

View attachment 48038

Guess they are referencing a lot of MVC and HawkeyeMashup posts on here from the second article.

Because science is proving something to be true, so MVC and HawkeyMashup are also doing this? This is basically an analogy that proves what then are saying should be listened to and is relevant because it is becoming true according to your theory.

• Informative
Reactions: HingeDisc07

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Because science is proving something to be true, so MVC and HawkeyMashup are also doing this? This is basically an analogy that proves what then are saying should be listened to and is relevant because it is becoming true according to your theory.

I bet your favorite show is "The Big Bang Theory".

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Looks like Brain Ferentz spoke too soon. WR tried to commit yesterday and they told him he couldn't until he visited! lol. That is pretty funny.

Not a good look considering BF's comments a few weeks back but that is Iowa's policy. They want kids to at least visit the campus before committing.

Camron Buckley wanted to commit last year when all the other TX kids were getting on board and the staff told him he had to visit first. Not long after, his dream school offered (TX A&M) and he gone.

• Dislike

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Not a good look considering BF's comments a few weeks back but that is Iowa's policy. They want kids to at least visit the campus before committing.

Camron Buckley wanted to commit last year when all the other TX kids were getting on board and the staff told him he had to visit first. Not long after, his dream school offered (TX A&M) and he gone.

yeah, he opened himself up and Iowa up to criticism for this bc of his statements. Also, a bad move by the assistant not letting the kid know this. But wanting them to visit does make sense.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
yeah, he opened himself up and Iowa up to criticism for this bc of his statements. Also, a bad move by the assistant not letting the kid know this. But wanting them to visit does make sense.

I am assuming Copeland dropped the ball on this since he covers Florida for recruiting.

I would think KF would let Copeland know the recruiting policies on day one after last years fiasco.

• Funny

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Is this really that big of a deal. Iowa wants kids to visit before committing. This literally happens every year at least 2 or 3 times. Sometimes kids get confused. I mean why would you commit to a school without looking at it first and seeing things if you have not been there? That is a recipe for a de commit. Especially when the kid is in FL.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is this really that big of a deal. Iowa wants kids to visit before committing. This literally happens every year at least 2 or 3 times. Sometimes kids get confused. I mean why would you commit to a school without looking at it first and seeing things if you have not been there? That is a recipe for a de commit. Especially when the kid is in FL.

That Cooper kid committed without visiting so ask him

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

The 'Thinker" moniker doesn't seem to fit. No offense.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That Cooper kid committed without visiting so ask him

The kid committed 1 week before signing day I think. Then visited. But the risk for decommitting was not there. When there is a risk for a decommit with a kid that is not from the mid west because they have not visited then you do what you have to and ask them to visit if there is time to do that.

I would not expect ISU fans to understand this. They are new to the whole college football scene and acting like they have been there before.

• Dislike

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
The kid committed 1 week before signing day I think. Then visited. But the risk for decommitting was not there. When there is a risk for a decommit with a kid that is not from the mid west because they have not visited then you do what you have to and ask them to visit if there is time to do that.

I would not expect ISU fans to understand this. They are new to the whole college football scene and acting like they have been there before.

Do you really not understand why what happened looked bad? Or are you just playing dumb?

• Disagree
Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Are you not smart?

• Funny