MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unless they have changed the basket out there with the renovations, I find it hard to believe. That basket was pretty big, and I always thought it was made big enough so fan interference would never be an issue.
Take a close look at the replays I linked. It certainly looks close, especially in the last view.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It certainly means it is close, but the glove may have touched the basket while the ball was fully past the line as well.
Reading up a little, it looks like the floor in the front row of left field was raised nearly 18 inches with the new bleachers, so that would certainly make it easier to reach the edge of the baskets.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Montgomery is really filling the Travis Wood role well so far. He should compete for a spot in the rotation next season but for now he's more valuable in the pen as the long reliever that can eat up innings when a guy has a bad start or lock things down in a close game when the starter racks up a high pitch count early. I still think a trade for a quality cost controlled starting pitcher is what this team needs to shore up the rotation as Lackey and Butler are hit or miss right now. Archer would be a very solid 4th guy in this rotation if they can find a way to get him without including Baez in the deal. I'm impressed with Happ so far but to get quality guys in a trade you have to give up something of value and after Baez he's probably the next valuable trade chip.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Is this team getting full of itself after winning the World Series? This next year championship hangover happens with many teams. Whether it is their bad record, players blaming the manager for things, dressing up as the Anchorman cast instead of concentrating on the next series, or most likely just losing hunger and not working as hard in the offseason. This just isn't the same team. What do you guys think?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Is this team getting full of itself after winning the World Series? This next year championship hangover happens with many teams. Whether it is their bad record, players blaming the manager for things, dressing up as the Anchorman cast instead of concentrating on the next series, or most likely just losing hunger and not working as hard in the offseason. This just isn't the same team. What do you guys think?
I think they are in first place in the NL Central.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Since the last Cubs/Cardinals series a few weekends ago. The Cubs have won 7 of 9. The Cardinals have won 2 of 8. Maybe you should worry about your own team...

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

You're blaming dressing up as the Anchorman as being full of themselves? You do realize that Maddon had them have a few themed dressup/costume days the previous two years, right? He does that to keep them relaxed and fun.

I agree with the hangover, however you threw too much at the wall to explain it.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Everyone always talking about how bad Schwarber is at the plate right now (deservedly so) but Addison Russell has been just about as bad. Woof.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Everyone always talking about how bad Schwarber is at the plate right now (deservedly so) but Addison Russell has been just about as bad. Woof.

Worse than Buzz's girlfriend?

remember-buzz-s-woof-worthy-girlfriend-in-home-alone-well-it-turns-out-she-was-actually-a-he.jpg