Game of Thrones Season 7

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Or busting something out of the wall...

18582229_2145479812354911_7744497256540206365_n.jpg
We went some 300 years without dragons then all of a sudden four come around, one of which was alive but frozen in a wall? No thanks. I imagine this is one of Dany's dragons resurrected by the Night King.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I'm just excited to see where the story goes since I personally doubt the books will every be finished. I think HBO GOT has let GRRM off the hook and he is chasing his other hobbies these days.

It is really sad that we have waited over 20 years for a conclusion to this story.

I believe the show's popularity slowed him down, with all of the conventions, media appearances, and writing a few episodes in the past. Not to mention he's into the side projects about this story and Wild Cards and other things.

I believe Winds of Winter will eventually come out as it (should be) pretty far along. I shudder if he cannot wrap up the final book in one and will take two (or more) books to complete.

While at least the show will give an ending, I still want to know about a (competent) Stannis, Manderly, Patchface, (competent) Doran, Arianne, Strong Belwas, LSH, Victarian, (more evil) Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, Mance, etc.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
We went some 300 years without dragons then all of a sudden four come around, one of which was alive but frozen in a wall? No thanks. I imagine this is one of Dany's dragons resurrected by the Night King.

Couldn't you also say the same thing but change four to three, and bash on Daenerys' whole timeline?

Also, not that it matters, but that dragon doesn't look like it's ever been dead.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Couldn't you also say the same thing but change four to three, and bash on Daenerys' whole timeline?

Dany's house sigil is a three headed dragon. It makes sense she has dragons. The Night King raises dead people. It makes sense he has dead people. It would make sense if he had cold weather animals in his army but not a dragon.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I hope that isn't true. If it is, for some dumb (IMO) reason, I hope when Arya's direwolf comes back into the story she recognizes the waif as an imposter and kills her.

I kept thinking that Arya's direwolf was killed by Joffrey, but I forgot she ran away and Sansa's was killed in her place. I can see her saving Arya at some point, since Arya is just walking around on her own enacting vengeance.

So it's just Arya's and Jon's left, right?

I kept thinking they were going to play a greater part in things, but they were killed fairly unceremoniously.

Sansa's - killed by the a-hole Joffrey
Robb's - stabbed in a cage at the red wedding, then beheaded and sewn onto Robb's corpse
Bran's - caused a half second delay during the WW attack
Rickon's - skinned by the a-hole Ramsay (I did appreciate the irony with his later demise by dogs)

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I believe the show's popularity slowed him down, with all of the conventions, media appearances, and writing a few episodes in the past. Not to mention he's into the side projects about this story and Wild Cards and other things.

I believe Winds of Winter will eventually come out as it (should be) pretty far along. I shudder if he cannot wrap up the final book in one and will take two (or more) books to complete.

While at least the show will give an ending, I still want to know about a (competent) Stannis, Manderly, Patchface, (competent) Doran, Arianne, Strong Belwas, LSH, Victarian, (more evil) Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, Mance, etc.

He recently said WOW won't be 2017 for sure. And, he is writing 5 new shows for HBO. I don't think we will see book 7 to be frank, and he has already alluded to your fears coming true that he may not be able to wrap all stories up in 7. On his current pace, it will be 2025 for book 7, which puts him in his mid-70s. He could live to 90, but in a recent interview, he said he hopes he can finish book 7 before his health fails.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Dany's house sigil is a three headed dragon. It makes sense she has dragons. The Night King raises dead people. It makes sense he has dead people. It would make sense if he had cold weather animals in his army but not a dragon.

My wife thinks a dragon will get killed and revived by the Night King. I can't decide if I would like to see that or not. On one hand, I keep seeing what Daenerys has assembled and am having a hard time find someone to give her much of a fight. Having a dragon turn and battle the other two would level the playing field. A level battle field makes things more interesting.

On the other hand, if a dragon gets turned, I could see it dominating the story more than I'd like. They have done a good job of not overusing the dragons to this point. I like their inclusion, but I don't want them dominating the story-line or become too unstoppable either.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I kept thinking that Arya's direwolf was killed by Joffrey, but I forgot she ran away and Sansa's was killed in her place. I can see her saving Arya at some point, since Arya is just walking around on her own enacting vengeance.

So it's just Arya's and Jon's left, right?

I kept thinking they were going to play a greater part in things, but they were killed fairly unceremoniously.

Sansa's - killed by the a-hole Joffrey
Robb's - stabbed in a cage at the red wedding, then beheaded and sewn onto Robb's corpse
Bran's - caused a half second delay during the WW attack
Rickon's - skinned by the a-hole Ramsay (I did appreciate the irony with his later demise by dogs)
I hate to be the reminder of bad news but, Ghost has passed :(

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
images

I read a Director interview that said budget issues caused HBO to spend CGI $ on Wun Wun and exclude Ghost from Battle of the Bastards.
I think they're referring to the actual "actor" wolf which played Ghost, which recently died.
It was all a lie
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3640510/game-of-thrones-death-hoax-ghost/

any ways, Ghost died in The Door episode. Unless Bran can revive animals now, I think Nymeria is the sole living direwolf

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
He recently said WOW won't be 2017 for sure.

Do you have a link for that? Everything I've read stated it will "probably/maybe come out this year" however he usually cautioned that he'll never give a deadline again. So of course, nothing definitive for this year (or later years) for its release.