What I know about the McNeil situation: part 2

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Are you referring to recruiting on the AAU circuit generally, or hiring AAU coaches to staff positions? The former approach is what almost all successful NCAA programs do. The latter is an occasional approach for some that doesn't always work out so well.
Some schools like UNLV having a Chicken Ranch down the street works extremely well.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
What I'd like Prohm to do, given the LATE notice:
Do not release him from LOI.
Either he participates adequately during the season or you suspend him.
He either gets right or he decides to transfer midyear or after the year, at which time you block his transfer from all B12, Cal, and future opponents.

Probably not going to happen though.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
He either gets right or he decides to transfer midyear or after the year, at which time you block his transfer from all B12, Cal, and future opponents.

Deliciously evil.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014

If he's denied he will sit out at whatever other school he goes to, not here. Idk that we can block him if he doesn't enroll. We really should just cut ties, but I don't mind waiting until we have to. Really disappointing

• Winner
Reactions: Yellow Snow

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

That's not how it works. IF, we don't release him, then it's most likely he goes to a prep school for a year, which wouldn't effect his playing time at all, or i think he can pay his own way at his choice of school. No idea if he's eligible to play though. I guess it's also probably possible he could go JUCO, but my guess is, Prohm releases him and we forget all about it.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006

failure%2Bto%2Bcommunicate.jpg

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Walters just a few minutes ago on the radio did seemed too happy with young McNeill. Said that just a couple weeks ago he was texting Prohm how excited he was to come to Ames. Talked about how crappy a move it was to do at this time. But also said Prohm isn't going to waste anymore time thinking about it and is moving on.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Walters just a few minutes ago on the radio did seemed too happy with young McNeill. Said that just a couple weeks ago he was texting Prohm how excited he was to come to Ames. Talked about how crappy a move it was to do at this time. But also said Prohm isn't going to waste anymore time thinking about it and is moving on.

Good to hear.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Where was Walters on?

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

As much as I enjoy the Hobo with a Shotgun feel to your devious plan, probably best to move on. Sounds like Prohm is doing that, and I'd expect nothing less from a family man.

As some Twain dude once said, "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
That's not how it works. IF, we don't release him, then it's most likely he goes to a prep school for a year, which wouldn't effect his playing time at all, or i think he can pay his own way at his choice of school. No idea if he's eligible to play though. I guess it's also probably possible he could go JUCO, but my guess is, Prohm releases him and we forget all about it.

I think you've got it, but just wanted to clarify the bolded part.
He wouldn't be able to play if we don't release him, but yes he can pay his own way and then be eligible right away in 2018 no matter where he goes, assuming he does it before the start of the year.

Personally, I think we should block Cal after hearing more about it and I'm usually all for the kids being able to do whatever they want.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I think you've got it, but just wanted to clarify the bolded part.
He wouldn't be able to play if we don't release him, but yes he can pay his own way and then be eligible right away in 2018 no matter where he goes, assuming he does it before the start of the year.

Personally, I think we should block Cal after hearing more about it and I'm usually all for the kids being able to do whatever they want.

Unlike a transfer you can't block him from going anywhere. It's either full release, or no release.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron