Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
When you come for my stuff there's beer in the frig for you; four Heinekens, one Summit Pale Ale and one Spotted Cow*. Oh, and, half a bottle of 7 Up.

* Another Cow six pack in the wine cellar.
vo2sz.jpg

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yes, I just watched it last night. Your assesment is spot-on. The series was known for being a sci-fi thriller/monster movie and nothing more. 1-3 were great. Alien Resurrection was a dissapointment to me, as it felt tired by that point. The AVP movies were also dissapointing, nothing more than a Hollywood stereotypical action movie.

However, Prometheus was breathing new life into the franchise by bringing in a grander scale to the series and providing questions that I found really intriguing. I definitely thought Alien Covenant would answer some of those questions and for a little while it appeared like it was headed in that direction (to provide more answers to the story of the engineers and their love/hate relationship with humanity). Sadly, the movie never went there and just became the same as Alien 1-4. Nothing wrong with that, and I really enjoyed it for what it was, but definitely a dissapointment and a missed opportunity when it comes to storyline and moving the series forward.

It almost feels like the whole storyline with the engineers is now dead. I wonder if Ridley Scott and the writers listened too much to the criticisms of Prometheus and, unfortunately, went in a totally different direction to please the critics. I do also agree with @Cyclones_R_GR8, that it was a beautifully shot and very atmospheric movie. The visuals were very captivating.
How the heck does a synthetic grow long hair?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If any of you are, after seeing the Heiniken commercial, practicing your Benicio Del Toro "Look" you need to do it the full 1969 soundtrack. Practice makes perfect.

Reactions: VeloClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Went up for a spike in volleyball last night and right before liftoff, a fart squeaked out. Pretty sure the hot girl on the other team heard it
If she can't appreciate the humor in that, she isn't right for you.

I was once on a date with a girl where, after dinner, we were walking to a bar to get a drink (everything was going really well up to this point). On the way to the bar I offered her a piece of gum. She replied, "Why? Does my breath smell?" I replied, "I don't know. I can't tell over your BO". She didn't even crack a smile. At that exact moment, we both knew that this was going no further.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Did the fart provide extra height on the jump?

What if you had been jumping off a treadmill when you broke wind?
Newton's third law applies here. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The mass of the fart is almost negligible compared to the mass of his body, but if it was a very high speed fart it could start to make up for the discrepancy.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Newton's third law applies here. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The mass of the fart is almost negligible compared to the mass of his body, but if it was a very high speed fart it could start to make up for the discrepancy.
Indeed. He wasn't specific regarding fart velocity.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I feel this thread needs that squatting Mad Fran pic now.

Finally have about survived the month of May. Such a marathon every year. Saving grace is I have a college kid home this summer. Hope he gets an internship next year and he has been busy making repairs over at the pool and lifeguarding for elementary pool parties, but has been mowing, weeding, help brothers with homework, walking the dog, and just making life easier in general. So many sports, grad parties, AP tests, projects, band concerts, etc. And he is going to go to the cemetery with me tomorrow. I wind up having to pick up flowers for my sister and putting double stuff at all the graves so it is quite an enterprise. Grateful for help this year. Last year there was no one to hear me scream at the killer garter snake who slithered out from under a nearby stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.