uqPDIEPMODKne.webp

• Creative
Reactions: Bryce7

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Don't listen unless u want a reason to hate him on the way out.....

I'm not going to listen based solely on your recommendation. So what am I missing because of having taken your advice?

• Agree
Reactions: State43

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Meh..I agree with him on most things. Realistic at least.

That's where I'm at too. There were things I definitely hope he was wrong about, but there's nothing he said that wasn't realistic. History does tend to repeat itself, and the law of averages here at ISU tend to follow along with his predictions.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
LOL. I told him @jburke would use this pod to take one last shot at him on the way out the door!
Honestly it was all historically the truth from the relive as of fan and how the cycle of coaches has gone. I was maybe looking for more a rah-rah and maybe too naive with the truth..... I just don't want history to continue.....

L

LincolnWay187

He kind of predicted football trending up and bball down. I am honestly fine with that as football is what brings in the money and gets more national attention.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
You could never hate me Burke.

Hope I go 3-2 on my predictions.
No hat just trolling cuse you will be missed.... I hope u 0-5 with positive trends across the board... I was a little concerned on the Park hype, feels like Steel....

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
No hat just trolling cuse you will be missed.... I hope u 0-5 with positive trends across the board... I was a little concerned on the Park hype, feels like Steel....

Feels like Steele? I don't get that. Steele came in a little hyped but he was a pretty under the radar JUCO guy. He got hyped a bit in fall practice but the hype didn't really go crazy until he balled out against Iowa.

I think we've seen enough from Park and this offense to garner the hype in breaking the records. And it's really not absurd hype. 20 TD's in a season? That's 1.66 per game.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Feels like Steele? I don't get that. Steele came in a little hyped but he was a pretty under the radar JUCO guy. He got hyped a bit in fall practice but the hype didn't really go crazy until he balled out against Iowa.

I think we've seen enough from Park and this offense to garner the hype in breaking the records. And it's really not absurd hype. 20 TD's in a season? That's 1.66 per game.
With the WR core we have he shouldn't have a problem getting 20. I really hope your Matt Campbell take is wrong, I hope he stays here for a long time. I could see Prohm not being here in 5 years tho.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

It will be interesting to see how Park plays. Steele was actually very talented with two very big issues. One, he always was trying to make a play, even when there was nothing there. Lot of wow moments out of him, good and bad. Two, the guy just flat dropped the football way too much. Really too bad he did not redshirt a year and have some real coaching in terms of identifying what to do and not do in games.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Hope you are right....

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Meh, basketball might have a bumpy year this year, but the year after could be a very, very talented team. Possibly one of our best if Wigginton stays for a second year and we get another decent class in. Football is definitely trending up, so it's all good in my book.

Eh, if I had to guess, I'd say next year is a bit on the rough side, with some decent improvement the following year, maybe as a low-level tourney team. Then, if we are going to possibly see one of those "best" years ever, it would possibly be that following year or even later. Regardless, I think we are more than a couple years out from possibly getting back up to the heights we have been accustomed to recently, and that is all assuming no bumps happen along the way. I'm not knocking that route, but I just feel like those are realistic expectations based off what we are working with at this moment.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper