Whole home WiFi systems

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
From what i've read on a lot of whole home wifi, it seems like an idea that is a good one, but not quite there yet as few have the 'whole package'. I'll probably jump on a 2nd generation of one of these.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I don't have it yet, but have some friends who have the orbi and it works great. As soon as i get a bit of extra money, I'm buying this one for myself (most likely next month). It's nice because you can just keep adding satellites if you want/need to. The "max" number of satellites is stated to be 3, but have heard it's actually possible to get more connected.

Plus, you can't go wrong with netgear routers :)

Amazon product

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
From the sounds of your post, you are fighting environmental issues. FCC RF signal strengths have not changed over the last decade. So, upgrading your access point to newer equipment is not going to fix your problem. You need to move your access point.

Your options are to try and use some of your existing coaxial cable already in your house, use your electric wiring in your house or fish some new cable through a fresh air return of your central air ducts to a new location.

You can pm me if you want more details.

If you are still looking at a new access point then look at something with a firewall and Antivirus built in to secure various IOT whole house devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISC

Help Support Us

Become a patron