NBA-D - Iowa Energy to get new name

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
What are the odds that they are named "Iowa Corn"?
Colors = Green and Yellow. Green shorts; Jersey is yellow with wide green side panels.
Logo = Large ear of corn oriented northwest to southeast halfway through a hoop.
Mascots = Farm family of four each carrying an ear of corn in their right hands. Mother and daughter wearing cotton print dresses. Father and son in jeans, boots, and baseball caps with brims pointed forward.
Fight song = Pop 'em, pop 'em
Salt 'em, salt 'em
Butter them up
and...eat 'em.
Alternative version referring to shucking prohibited.

Court floor is light brown with green and dark brown striping.
Center jump and free throw circles are light blue representing ponds.
Nylon cording on rims replaced with bottomless bushel baskets.
Court side seats are bags of seed corn (think bean bags).

Concessions include popcorn, caramel corn, corn dogs, corn whiskey, maize beer, candy corn, and sugar-frosted corn pops.

Give-aways include gallon jugs of E-85 or corn syrup with a packet of artificial maple flavoring.

That was a waste of time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wherewolves?

fd87e311a0319bb2031d68a05247b2a5.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
what mascot after the word iowa doesnt require a pause? if anything the syllables are symmetrical.

Good point. Only a minor annoyance. 3-syllable of each word is cool. I suppose "Iowa Synergy" flows better, but synergy is a dumb buzzword.

I will say, Des Moines Energy wouldn't have the same hangup, the "n" sound preceding the vowel.

Admittedly, I haven't considered if cadence for team names is common or not (and maybe it doesn't matter or is even taken into account).

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Good point. Only a minor annoyance. 3-syllable of each word is cool. I suppose "Iowa Synergy" flows better, but synergy is a dumb buzzword.

I will say, Des Moines Energy wouldn't have the same hangup, the "n" sound preceding the vowel.

Admittedly, I haven't considered if cadence for team names is common or not (and maybe it doesn't matter or is even taken into account).
wtf.gif

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
When I was playing Madden, I'd always create a team named the Iowa Hogs.

Mike Vick was always my number 1 pick.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron