Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
One other thing. My guess is you'll end up really happy moving forward as I've done lots of reading into all the articles of Feige talking recently about how everything is going to change drastically after Phase 3 is done, and how what we see won't probably even be labeled as "phase 4" because it will be so different. So, while he has still been pretty vague on it, what he has hinted at a few times is how things will probably shift to more of the cosmic level, with James Gunn pretty much as Feige's creative partner in it moving forward. Therefore, for all you Marvel cosmic fans out there, you may get a lot of what you've been wishing for. I doubt they completely abandon the earth-based stuff though too. I do love how Disney essentially has two really good cosmic universes at their disposal and they are both fairly distinguishable from one another.

I'm also crossing my fingers that this cosmic shift might also entail Marvel getting the rights back and bringing The Fantastic 4 back into the fold.

Agree on all. Trigger and other big Marvel fans...I worked on some pretty insane MCU collector products this week. I will definitely have to share 4-5 months from now when they are released.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Agree on all. Trigger and other big Marvel fans...I worked on some pretty insane MCU collector products this week. I will definitely have to share 4-5 months from now when they are released.

That is super cool. Would love to hear what they are and your role within them. You don't happen to work for Hot Toys do you? That would be the coolest if you do.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I love baby Groot.

I totally agree. Gotta admit that coming in, I was a little fearful that Gunn might go a little overboard on doing a little too much Baby Groot in order to pander to fans and go a little overboard. However, I didn't think that happened at all. In fact, he got a lot less screen time than I expected, but everything he did was spectacular.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
<<<<<<<<SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>>>>>

C__BQ4TVoAEHBkv.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Plot synopsis for Black Panther:

After the events of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, King T’Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader. However, T’Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakanadan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-hints-of-luke-skywalkers-journey-in-star-wars-the-1795352019

• Informative
Reactions: Diggame and State43

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Won't lie. Of all the Marvel characters, Venom is one of my least favorite. However, now that Tom Hardy is cast combined with Sony saying it will have a strong horror element, I'm intrigued.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor...e-some-major-new-additions-to-the-mcu-a151390

Found this to be a very interesting find. With the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Disneyland soon to be open, many pictures are hitting the web showing all the different things in Taneleer Tivan's collection. We've got a taste of a few of those Easter Eggs in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but a few new VERY interesting things have popped up, particularly Beta Ray Bill's hammer, and some artifacts from Atlantis. Therefore, this leads one to believe that at some point here, we are likely to see both Namor and Beta Ray Bill in the near-term movie future. Maybe, maybe not? For one, there is no guarantee that everything there is canon, even though my guess is Disney intends it to be. Also, just because they may exist in the MCU doesn't guarantee they will show up in the movies. Regardless, it is fun to at least know they exist for sure. This overall would be our first indication of Beta Ray Bill, even though he was rumored to be in GOTG 2, only to be proven as a false rumor. As for Namor, he has been hinted at already once actually during a post-credits scene of I think Iron Man 2 on a Shield World map that had a weird indicating marker of interest in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean, which leads us to believe that is the location of Atlantis.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron