Iowa Football Recruiting

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Man I'll feel bad if another person throws away millions of dollars to play at Iowa instead of taking the money at a pro level like King should have.

If you're drafted in top 5 rounds, take the offer and go.

IDC If that man was signed to play for us, if you are getting drafted in the top 5 rounds in the MLB draft out of High School. You. Take. That.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
IDC If that man was signed to play for us, if you are getting drafted in the top 5 rounds in the MLB draft out of High School. You. Take. That.

Its still no guarantee you make the bigs. Thats still a lot of time on a bus playing minor league ball.

No doubt, the signing bonus would be tempting but I have no idea how well off his family is and if the money would be the deciding factor.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Man I'll feel bad if another person throws away millions of dollars to play at Iowa instead of taking the money at a pro level like King should have.

Tell us all about isu's NfL 1st round draft picks. We know Cy Twins wasn't alive the last time isu had one how about you?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
tumblr_lmz11916UO1qbbpaoo1_500.gif

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Tell us all about isu's NfL 1st round draft picks. We know Cy Twins wasn't alive the last time isu had one how about you?
Nice try but I'm not about to get in a pissing match like you and Cy twins love so much. I just brought an opinion that it's dumb if you turn down what I would assume is a 6-7 figure payday in pro baseball to go to Iowa where you're going to be running 5 yard out patterns for 4 years.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Nice try but I'm not about to get in a pissing match like you and Cy twins love so much. I just brought an opinion that it's dumb if you turn down what I would assume is a 6-7 figure payday in pro baseball to go to Iowa where you're going to be running 5 yard out patterns for 4 years.

Is it as dumb as going to ISU to win 12 games in 4 years over a program like Iowa or KSU?

• Dislike

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

I agree.

That said Heller has got to be loving it with McCAFFERY and now Marchesse coming in that he doesn't have to use any scholarship on them. Just find a way to make it work schedule wise with the other sport.

• Dislike

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
TCU has twice as many top 25 finishes under Patterson than Iowa does under Ferentz. Derp!

TCU in the last 5 years in the Big 12 conference has averaged a 4-5 finish putting them in the mid to above average tier of the conference.... SAME AS IOWA IN A 30 YEAR SPAN! DERP

• Dislike

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Its still no guarantee you make the bigs. Thats still a lot of time on a bus playing minor league ball.

No doubt, the signing bonus would be tempting but I have no idea how well off his family is and if the money would be the deciding factor.
If you care about baseball you take that as you will be fast tracked as a first-5 round pick. That is basically the pinnacle of the MLB draft and you shouldn't pass it up. Hell he could even get drafted and go to school for free while still having his rights owned by his drafters. MLB is "the hardest" to get to the Bigs because the sheer amount of people, but when you put that against the NFL where he is basically doing the minor leagues in college. College is where the players get weeded out in football. The only difference is you are making money continually and not beating your body to **** if you take the MLB draft route.

But, forreal, more power to him if he has always wanted to play football for Iowa and he knows he can't let that opportunity pass up. That is a big ******* decision and he has to really love Iowa to pass that type of possibility up, because he is essentially saying no to baseball for good

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I wouldn't care if he was committed to ISU. If you have the option to get paid playing AAA ball, do it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I agree.

That said Heller has got to be loving it with McCAFFERY and now Marchesse coming in that he doesn't have to use any scholarship on them. Just find a way to make it work schedule wise with the other sport.
That would be nice. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought McCaffery was taking the baseball scholly and walking on for Bball? Or is he just walking on for both?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
That would be nice. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought McCaffery was taking the baseball scholly and walking on for Bball? Or is he just walking on for both?
he has to walk on for both. If he took a baseball scholarship he couldn't play basketball because it would count towards their scholarships

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If the Big Ten defenses are like last year I completely agree. I think Boettger is better than Myers by the way

I think they are both average tackles as far as pass blocking.

Run blocking I would give the edge to Myers.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think they are both average tackles as far as pass blocking.

Run blocking I would give the edge to Myers.

Yeah run blocking they are all beasts for Iowa. Myers seems like he has the athleticism to be a good pass blocker but hasn't put it all together yet. But he is still pretty good when healthy. And I would bet he will be better this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron